Is Griggs Suspension worth the price.......

svt2003

Established Member
I would like some opinions on some of the coil over suspension systems out there. Found Griggs to be pretty pricey ( I really do'nt know if they are . Maybe thats how much I have to spend). What other options do I have? What prices did you pay for the materials only?. I want to get rid of that dreaded wheel HoP hOp HoP HOP hop. Lower and stiffen up but keep good geometry.
Thanks, SVT2003 :burnout:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by svt2003
I would like some opinions on some of the coil over suspension systems out there. Found Griggs to be pretty pricey ( I really do'nt know if they are . Maybe thats how much I have to spend). What other options do I have? What prices did you pay for the materials only?. I want to get rid of that dreaded wheel HoP hOp HoP HOP hop. Lower and stiffen up but keep good geometry.
Thanks, SVT2003 :burnout:

Griggs is great equipment for thier intended purpose....(the track) I have griggs K-member, control arms, coilovers, ect on my 01 Cobra and 95R. They are a great improvement on the track with some sacrifice on the street. If you are looking for street/dragstrip improvement, I kinda doubt you are going to be happy with the results. They approach the geomety definincies and try to correct for them with thier parts (K-member, control arms ect), but they don't offer much for the IRS (other than bushings and coil-overs) Hope it helps. :beer:

Brian

KHsonic03

Established Member
Cobra R- I was looking at the Griggs K-member. I was wondering what your opinion is on it. I will be doing the installation myself, so I was curious how well it went in. Any fender mods, relocation, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Is there a big difference (I'm sure there is). What is your take on the griggs control arms. To me, they seem to lack the strength of MM's (from a welder's standpoint). Thanks.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by KHsonic03
Cobra R- I was looking at the Griggs K-member. I was wondering what your opinion is on it. I will be doing the installation myself, so I was curious how well it went in. Any fender mods, relocation, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Is there a big difference (I'm sure there is). What is your take on the griggs control arms. To me, they seem to lack the strength of MM's (from a welder's standpoint). Thanks.

Just so it's clear, my comment above was meant in response to the coilover- wheelhop problem. Stiffer springs are probly what is giving people the "improvement" they are seeing.

KH,
If you are handy, you will be fine installing the K-member. You have times during the install where you get ticked off, but arent most things that way. lol
No fender mods or real other modifications are needed other than drilling the hole in the spindle for the bump steer kit which is no big deal.
I have thier std. control arms in my 01, and the severe duty arms in the 95. (my main track car) If I was going to do it all again, I would probly get the severe duty arm for the 01 also. They are quality units and I see no problems with them as far as strength.
The biggest thing you will feel is the car feels so much tighter and more responsive on the street. Not a big deal, but noticable. On the track is where it shines. The stangs have a terrible problem with understeer and the geomety change from the k-member and control arms really improves that a ton.
I am not a suspension guru so I can't get into an intelligent thereotical discussion of all the advantages of this upgrade, but once you foget about how much $$ you just spent, it is deffinately worth it.
I would recommend calling Griggs and talk to Eric, he helped me a ton and would tell me if there was ithem that I didn't need or did.
:beer: Brian

ps: Remember to get Maximum motorsport c/c plates if you do this.

Users who are viewing this thread