Is hyper black the same as Black Chrome?

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm getting conflicting reports as to whether or not the FR500 you offer in hyper black is the same as black chrome. A rep at Barrett-Jackson said it's more of a glossy/hyper gunmetal finish but the 101 and Cactus store just told me it's the exact thing as Black Chrome. Can someone clarify for me before I buy a set?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm getting conflicting reports as to whether or not the FR500 you offer in hyper black is the same as black chrome. A rep at Barrett-Jackson said it's more of a glossy/hyper gunmetal finish but the 101 and Cactus store just told me it's the exact thing as Black Chrome. Can someone clarify for me before I buy a set?

Black Chrome is not similar to hyper black. In these photos you can clearly see the difference. Black chrome has a bright surface like chrome has. Hyper black has a dull finish to it.

Black Chrome
23775d1171119019-awesome-mustang-wheels-doncha-think-ford-mustang-wheels-02.jpg

I know this isn't the same wheel, but here is what hyper black looks like

Hyper Black
tswthx.large.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
Hyper Black
tswthx.large.jpg
Those look like a dark silver.

I'll stop by the Scottsdale store Monday and see if they have any hyper black wheels on the floor to look at. Sorry for the lame question but I'm getting tired of the same colors looking different in each image. It makes buying the right wheels very difficult. Case in point...two hyperblack Enkei's, both look completely different.
590.jpg

1275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread