Is it cold in here?

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Is it just me or does the 03 Cobra forum seem to be getting a little less friendly in the new year?

Last month we were all just happy to be here and now if someone posts a detailing mod they did atleast 50% of the replies are :burn:

Even the vendors seem a little tense :shrug:

(this has nothing to do with the fact that my technical questions were ignored by all) ;-)

Just seems a little colder in here than usual :??:

Maybe it's just me :dw: :-D

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree, and admit that I have a done my part in putting everyone in a worse mood.

Could it have anything to do with the 5" of snow we are getting today, and the fact that I haven't driven my car since two days before Thanksgiving?

Still withdrawl is no excuse for treating people bad.

Is there a 12step program we can use for 400hp convertable withdrawl?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
Could it have anything to do with the 5" of snow we are getting today, and the fact that I haven't driven my car since two days before Thanksgiving?

Still withdrawl is no excuse for treating people bad.

Is there a 12step program we can use for 400hp convertable withdrawl?

get a 350hp awd truck, it works for me, especially in 5" snow although I can't do much about the vert thing...

I sometimes regret getting a coupe, can't wait to see what this looks like with no top:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Im in withdrawl too, we have off and on snow here, just when the roads clear of sand and gravel, it snows again, so I havent driven since thanksgiving either. Sucks. And I know what you mean about snotty '03 owners replying to threads, some people have started to sound like the typical 'vette owners. I never thought I would say that. Sad.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Weather...

I should have thought of that. Winter weather blues get all of us. Here in Dallas it doesn't generally get "wintery" enough to have to stop driving the Cobra so I definitely feel for those of you that have to put them in hibernation. Hang in there. I don't hold a little grumpiness against you :-D

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Winter = Grumpiness

I also think that we've started to run out of general topics. Now were are getting into people's personal preferences. We all have opinions on certain topics, yet we all have our own likes and dislikes. Just look at some of the topics. Examples: Trailer hitches, jackets, music, etc. Combined with the greater number of people using this forum, it was only a matter of time before tempers flared:fm: . My humble opinion.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Well, I hope things cheer back up in the Spring :-D

I see quite a few new 03 Cobra owners signing on to say hi and they get snubbed or flamed right off the bat. :burn:

Too bad really. It didn't used to be that way. I hope we don't loose a lot of good people because of winter grumpiness. :rolleyes:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
it has been a little tense lately but all things must pass and I don't think this place will self-destruct...

I know I may be guilty of presenting some negative concepts from time to time but that's just a combination of my cynical nature and my love of playing devil's advocate

as far as helping out a fellow hot rodder, I always try to make myself available to anyone who isn't a total parasite :D

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
IMHO….

As the bulk of us board regulars approach parity topics of discussion drop off. Until some new inexpensive earth shattering product comes along. Things like “hey whose racing this weekend” or “Dynod’ my car again” will become more common. As such topics like “which CAI is better” will tend to make some people groan. Some will migrate to other boards to rehash their favorite topics and complain about this board. BON is a good example of this. As long as people keep the Newbs questions in context: a legitimate question from someone really seeking answers to topics they nothing about. We’ll all get along.

I cringe at the thought of another BON. That board has it’s own personality and is basically OWNED by a few members. So it’s not getting colder in here. We need to start thinking before we type. I.E. Just because a topic has been beat to death doesn’t mean we need to respond harshly. And instead of complaining come up with a better topic of discussion.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
People in California don't have this problem with being a "little less friendly." Maybe its all the money we spent on Christmas presents for friends and family that we could have been spent modifying our Cobras...So you can tell I'm about ready to start spending some more money on the Cobra...

-pete

Users who are viewing this thread