Is it worth it?

What would you do?

• Sell the 04 F150 and the Coupe and buy a harley

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sell the coupe and get something faster

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Keep both and don't worry about the little money you would save a year.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Selling my 04 5.4 3v and my 93 ssp coupe for a under 50k mile harley truck? I want a lightning, but I have a growing family, and that need for a hot rod. If I sold my coupe alone, and lets say bought a 75k mile harley, I have a 04 5.4 3v, The 04 has too many miles on it to S/C it IMO, but I can save roughly 180.00 a month which comes out too, 2160.00 a year, but I will want to beat on the harley, just like I do the stang. If it breaks, I will be looking at repairs fast because it will be my only daily, vs if the coupe breaks, I can let it sit a few weeks and save for the repairs. What would you guys do? I love both of my vehicles, but sometimes I wonder what I could do with the 2160.00 a year. What would yall do?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
be prepared to dish out extra cash for a built harley then. otherwise, you wont be able to beat on it for too long at too much power without grenading it.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I only remember them from the 02-03 era, and they seemed fairly qucik, are they not the same as a L?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Yes sir, they were pretty quick for the size of truck they were. . . Definetely a sleeper.

I was leaving a mustang shop after filling up my nitrous bottle. A black 03 followed me out, and although I did not spray on him, he kept up very well. I was suprised. I just need the room with kiddos, I just do not want to sacrifice performace. I do not want some 1000hp DD. 400-450 would be plenty for me. My 315 hp 5.4 does nicely at catching people sleeping.

torrey

Established Member
3rd seat mod

you can also do the 3rd seat mod on the harleys and ditch the rear center console

fruhdaddy

Established Member
I only remember them from the 02-03 era, and they seemed fairly qucik, are they not the same as a L?

they are nice trucks and quick for the size/weight. They are similar to an L but even modded HD's can lose to a stock L (HD has a few less hp/trq stock). Stock L's have ran low 13s, and a few 12s with just intake/exh while stock HDs are in low/mid 14s and mid/high 13s with some basic mods. But they are basically the same and respond similar to bolt ons. Great trucks if you still want power and speed while having room for a family to tag along. I say go for it:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread