Is KB trying to turn the C5 into a Terminator?

DaTruth

Established Member
vetkilr said:
What are you doin on this site Back to your Ls1 Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you ready to play???

Hell the last time I was watching you and Phantom X race I had to keep slowing down to not run into you. :) You and him were both making over 500rwhp then..

You know I have much love for the Cobras.. Hell my car is getting fixed by a Ford shop now.

DaTruth

Established Member
You will be surprised how many C5 owners that will purchase the KB blower. There are many stock bottom end C5's out there pushing a max of 12 psi with ATI blowers with a good tune. I emphasize a good tune. They are running fine and well over 600rwhp. The good thing about the LS1/LS6 world is we have little toys that help promote timing decreases. Ramchargers make this thing called the Timing Tuner which is for Nitrous and Supercharged cars. It can decrease timing via boost or nitrous hit or you can ride around on decreased timing all the time and when you want you can run some race gas and run whatever timing you want. C5 owners have no problem building a forged bottom end. It only cost $3k for a good bottom end. I am just happy they are creating more options for the C5 owners. Now if we can get Whipple to do the same life would be all good. :)

By the way!! Anyone want to come to Tampa, Florida and race Terrys 03 Cobra? He cant seem to find anyone to beat him. Damn Coastal Chassis and Dyno producing the fastest Cobras around. Terry's car is full weight with music and he is running on 18 inch Nittos. He should be a easy kill;)

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
There are probably just as many stock Z06 cars in the 11's as there are stock 03/04 Cobras in the mid 12's. Can it be done? Yes. Has it been done? Yes. Does it happen very often? No.

Most stock 03/04 Cobras are running high 12's/low 13's. Most stock Z06's run mid 12's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sonic 03 Cobra said:
I hope they plan on replacing their internals, with their compression anything over 5-6lbs is asking for trouble.
Exactly why I asked the question above. Compression is definitely too high for a blower with anything but minimal boost.

When I had my Callaway Camaro it has almost 11 to 1 compression and I considered a blower. I talked to a company in New York who worked with Callaway and they, of course, warned me up front that they would be limited on the boost. So they advised me not to spend the $5,000 or so because the return on investment would be very minimal. I agreed!

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
StngStr said:
There are probably just as many stock Z06 cars in the 11's as there are stock 03/04 Cobras in the mid 12's. Can it be done? Yes. Has it been done? Yes. Does it happen very often? No.

Most stock 03/04 Cobras are running high 12's/low 13's. Most stock Z06's run mid 12's.

If it isn't the car, it must be the drivers then because where I race it is just the reverse, guys in terminators with a CAI and catback, beat Vette's with the same upgrades. I was at a track rental and there was a Conn. tuner working on this guys vette, these guys weren't the normal impressed by themselves vette guys and we were talking and racing each other. He had done everything to this vette, full tuning, big cam, ported heads, titanium headers or something like that and DR's and it took him 5 runs to ring up an 11.3 and he said they had hoped they might see 10.99 but they were very happy with that. I ran 11.6's all day and it seemed to impress them to the point they weren't going to stop until they beat me and you are saying just DR's on a stock vette will do 11's? Maybe but there is no evidence of that from my track experiences, they have the same IRS challenge out of a dig and mostly run 12's and 13's and that's it! Doesn't matter, they have a vette because they need a vette, I like my little Ford V8 and so does everybody that watches me race at the track. They like the vette's too, for the entertainment value of watching them get spanked.
:poke: LOL!

- 04_snake

DaTruth

Established Member
For sure it depends on the driver. I have watched many take heavy modded Cobras and run 12's at 125mph all day and then watch a real driver get in the same car and run low 11's. I have seen Z06's run 13's and then a good driver drive the same car and run low 12's all day. I have personally seen 03 and 04 Z06's run 11's on drag radials. I have never seen a 01 or 02 Z06 run 11's with just drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread