Is my truck in trouble????? i need advice!

lightning02svt

2002 Lightning True Blue
Established Member
the other day i was bored and decided 2 go out for a quick drive in the L....... it was about three am here in miami and how could i reist.... it was about 65 degrees outside with low humidity.... and that doesnt happen often down here. so i pulled out on 2 the turnpike( the truck was warmed up) and launched it goin about 25 spun the tires and started 2 fly. i was haven a blast... 2 bad it was short lived... i decided that i was causin 2 much attention so i started home... upon my exit i decided what the hell and stepped on it.. out of now where she started two bogg down and seemed 2 be strugling.. i freaked out and turned off two exits before my exit, found the first gas station and parked her. so here i am at about 430 am now, freakin out and i dont know whats wrong i took my maglight checked all my lines boost, feul, vac, everything, even the inlet tube was fine. ?????? so i started it up, and kept it at about 1500 rpm for a minute then turned it of again. hope i just got some bad gas i started home slow with every intention of not hurting the truck.... the whole way home it was bothering me so i decided 2 check it out again so i gunned it and i jerked me in the seat like never before and was boostn about 18lbs. " not good"........ so im now over boostn and the motor is still boggin only when i open it wide open and at full boost.......what should i do??? any one have any answers, has anyone experienced this beofre.. if so whats worng with my baby?? it has about 32000 miles on it and i just installed my mods 6 months ago and im always very gentle when i drive! any help would be very thanked... ive alread gotn an apointment 2 have my chip retuned and 2 hopefully find out whats wrong.... thanks 4 the help!!!!!! :rockon:

2001F150SVT

SVT RED
Established Member
When you say you punched it and it was going but then it died down and was boggin you coulda just hit the rev limiter? (Wishfull thinking)

lightning02svt

2002 Lightning True Blue
Established Member
the truck wasn't doing that. it seemed 2 be struggling 2 stay alive...... like i was pulln a three ton trailer.

lightning02svt

2002 Lightning True Blue
Established Member
:-D thanks my old man is a mechanic monday im gonna run a test and do a full service while its up on the lift........

lightning02svt

2002 Lightning True Blue
Established Member
i checked on the truck today.... did a full tune up and found out that one of my fuel filters was cloged ... i changed it and so far so good... that for the help guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread