Is Mystichrome worth extra $2500?

Is Mystichrome worth extra $2500 for a $31.5 total?

• Mystichrome is definately worth it!

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • Don't buy a pimp mobile

Votes: 91 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Yeah, I probably would get used to them, too. And you're right about all-leather vs. the Alcantra. I liked the feel of the Alcantra better, especially in extreme hot and cold weather, but for cleaning and wearability I would think the all-leather would work better.

It would be interesting to get a quote on repainting a front bumper with, say, Dark Shadow Gray vs. the Mystichrome. The price difference would be interesting. I had heard that the cost of this paint per quart is a lot less than the original '96 Mystique paint.

It's $500 a quart. depends on how thick you paint I suppose.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
a other vote for the mystichrome, nothing beats the view of a changing color while passing other cars,,,

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
One funny thing is to see the look of people that are obviously NOT car buffs when they see the color shift. It's like the classic cartoon double take. I get a chuckle every time.

Don't really have anything to do with your question, but it happened to me again yesterday & I thought I'd post it.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
SOLISIMO said:
Maybee this will help
CompOrange.jpg

Hey that's my car! (I don't mind you posting it, btw, I'm just surprised to see it) Those black CCWs are photoshopped though......still trying to decide if I want them or not.

BTW, I vote for Competition Orange. IMO it looks better, it's more rare than a Mystichrome, the interior of the Mystichrome, although cool, is hard for me to get used to, plus I'm not a big fan of that blue-green and all green shade that the Mystichrome has. Also for reasons like everyone else said.......touching up chips, scratches, etc. would be hell on the Mystichrome and knowing the quality of Ford's leather, those seats could look pretty fugly in a few years. I get people asking me if the Orange is the factory color all the time and tons of compliments on it. You don't see an Orange Mustang often and it's the first and only year a Cobra has been offered in Orange. There's about 3-4 Mystichromes running around here, but I'm the only Competition Orange. Like CobraBob said, use the extra $2,500 for a CAI, exhaust, shifter, pulley, tune, and some sticky tires.

Last edited:

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
I say go for the mystichrome! thats a good price.I wasn't a fan at first but when I seen The car at the dealer I traded my GT in the next week after seeing it in person.

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
In the nice weather I usually get a compliment every day. I once had 4 people at seperate areas of a car wash all see the car and compliment me. It definately gets noticed. Most asked question is who painted it and what color is it. I hears it is $450.00 a pint, someone else said $500.00 a quart. Whatever it is, aftermarked tonneu(sp?), panels, CAI, whatever will be expensive. Tucker is no longer painting JLT CAI in Mystichrome and you will find you may be excluded from many appearance mods due to the cost factor of the paint.

From what I have been told a custom paint job with Mystichrome would set you back about 6~8K, so the factory price of $3600.00 (With Chrome Rims), is a deal. But only if you like the color. You could also get a lot of mods for that price.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I was waiting for the "rarer" comment to show up
:nonono:

BTW, how many GT's, mach's & V6's are painted Mystichrome again?

VETTKLR

Established Member
MystiChrome Coupe said:
I was waiting for the "rarer" comment to show up
:nonono:

BTW, how many GT's, mach's & V6's are painted Mystichrome again?

That Competition Orange reminds me of the old, faded red '86 GT's that used to roam the earth.
:D

Emil

Established Member
VETTKLR said:
That Competition Orange reminds me of the old, faded red '86 GT's that used to roam the earth.
:D
Ya, I feel the same way.
I was looking at a torch red and it didn't seem to be a pure red, it had a touch of orange in it also. Any orange in red makes it look faded, doesn't have the impact of a pure red. My wife said to pull them up nose to tail and compare. Was a simple decision after that point, Mystichrome is unsurpassed (totally unbiased opinion :) ). For the $3650 you get the paint, seats and steering wheel.

Grey03L

SVT Dogg
Established Member
I just bought an 04 Mystic Chrome myself. Out the door I got it for 32,698. I think I did pretty good. Got the extended warranty as well. I love the car!

Fleck 5

Established Member
It all depends on what you plan on doing with the car. I would feel bad driving a mystichrome as a year round daily driver. That color is best as a weekend warrior. It looks so cool that you would hate to mess it up. If you were driving it everyday, I would get the orange.

lethal

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Yeah, I probably would get used to them, too. And you're right about all-leather vs. the Alcantra. I liked the feel of the Alcantra better, especially in extreme hot and cold weather, but for cleaning and wearability I would think the all-leather would work better.

It would be interesting to get a quote on repainting a front bumper with, say, Dark Shadow Gray vs. the Mystichrome. The price difference would be interesting. I had heard that the cost of this paint per quart is a lot less than the original '96 Mystique paint.

I think the Alcantra is the shit. Even my buds new 2005 S4 has seats with Alcantra. They look like the day I bought the car. The leather is fairly worn on the drivers side -- I am SO glad for the inserts.

John

R2Mystics

HERSSS and HISSS
Established Member
Mystic is absolutely worth the price

We have a 1996 Mystic that is bone stock but for the K&N filter that we bought new and I just traded MY 1999 Electric Green Cobra for the 2004 Mystichrome. It is SO nice to have 2 Mystics in the garage. :burnout:

We hope there will be another Mystic in the new body style.

Speaking of the 2004, please tell me the best Cold Air Induction Kit. I had a Densecharger on the 1999 and was pleased with it.

Thanks!!!
Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread