Is oil in the lower intake normal???

Silver03

Established Member
Just pulled my blower to install a ported eaton and there is oil all over the inside of the lower intake and the intercooler. There are no pools or large amounts but it is spattered everywhere. Anybody know?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Yep, been oil in all the ones I have seen. About 6-7 blower swaps pulls now. All of them have had some oil pooled (it does drain) and lots deposited.

metaman

Established Member
Steeda makes a oil catch can for the PCV sytem that will catch the oil before it gets in there. I have seen it on someones car. They say that they have to empty it frequently.

Silver03

Established Member
Alright I dont want to start another debate. The problem here is that the throttle body, intake and blower have no oil whatsoever in them, the oil is caked to the outside of the intercooler and lower intake, so where the hell is the oil coming from? If it were the PCV, I would think that the entire intake system would have oil all over the place too.

smlblok302

Established Member
i just pulled mine for porting and it had oil film on the inside of the lower intake.i installed the steeda oil seperator a week before i pulled it.it does work.it catches the oil in the pcv system.

Users who are viewing this thread