Is the 03-04 Cobra the Beast it was 7-10+ Years Ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
To build upon my post with the picture in it. I’d like it to have those wheels, the design on the side of the ram air hood scoops, and the stance. The only body pieces I’d want off a T/A is the rear bumper and spoiler.
And before you ask, it’s got to be a Formula, and I’m very fond of the WS6 package. Hence WS6 Formula.

Pick your poison.

Ok. You just confused me because you said you wanted a Formula but posted a pic of a T/A lol. BTW, a friend of mine back in the day did that same exact thing. Swapped out the rear parts of a T/A onto his WS6 Formula. Turned out nice.

Recon

Established Member
Ok. You just confused me because you said you wanted a Formula but posted a pic of a T/A lol. BTW, a friend of mine back in the day did that same exact thing. Swapped out the rear parts of a T/A onto his WS6 Formula. Turned out nice.

I like the look of that T/A. But a Formula needs the rear spoiler and bumper to look great. Front end is alright and I wouldn’t change it, although T/A does look better. The slightly more aggressive body mods the T/A got are excellent, and it’s just a simple change for a Formula. But the spoiler and rear bumper are needed for me to be satisfied with the body. Then it would be wheels, graphics, and stance.
I want a Formula because it was my mother’s first car.

Pick your poison.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I like the look of that T/A. But a Formula needs the rear spoiler and bumper to look great. Front end is alright and I wouldn’t change it, although T/A does look better. The slightly more aggressive body mods the T/A got are excellent, and it’s just a simple change for a Formula. But the spoiler and rear bumper are needed for me to be satisfied with the body. Then it would be wheels, graphics, and stance.
I want a Formula because it was my mother’s first car.

Pick your poison.

The 4th gen Trans Am still looks like a supercar. I can definitely see those being resto-modded in the future with better suspensions and interiors. I bet somebody could make a pretty penny, if they offered an interior upgrade kit on it now. I'm talking a full gut and redo. The F-body interiors were trash when they were new, and they're even more trashy compared to today's cars.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The 4th gen Trans Am still looks like a supercar. I can definitely see those being resto-modded in the future with better suspensions and interiors. I bet somebody could make a pretty penny, if they offered an interior upgrade kit on it now. I'm talking a full gut and redo. The F-body interiors were trash when they were new, and they're even more trashy compared to today's cars.

Especially the dash, really wish the aftermarket would step up there. GM used such hard plastic in their vehicles, most dashes crack quite easily, as do other trim pieces and it only gets worse with age.

Recon

Established Member

I must be of the rare breed of not caring about interior quality. Cheap plastic, cloth interiors, base models, etc. doesn’t bother me one bit. My 211k mile Silverado has a small intermittent rattle that I can’t seem to pinpoint. Funny thing is both my low mile 3V’s have more interior rattles than the truck does. Luckily the dash isn’t cracked at all and looks fairly nice for sitting outside all day. And this is coming from someone who’s inventory of customer cars are mostly euro.
But I agree, there will be a following for the F bodies and someone will eventually offer a nicer interior package for them.

Pick your poison.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I must be of the rare breed of not caring about interior quality. Cheap plastic, cloth interiors, base models, etc. doesn’t bother me one bit. My 211k mile Silverado has a small intermittent rattle that I can’t seem to pinpoint. Funny thing is both my low mile 3V’s have more interior rattles than the truck does. Luckily the dash isn’t cracked at all and looks fairly nice for sitting outside all day. And this is coming from someone who’s inventory of customer cars are mostly euro.
But I agree, there will be a following for the F bodies and someone will eventually offer a nicer interior package for them.

Pick your poison.

Meh,

The 3V's interior is garbage. I think it's worse then a SN95/NE. I have owned several Toyota trucks that have +200k miles and their interiors have held up way better then anything Chevy from the 90's and 00's regardless of mileage.

BladeX10

Established Member
I think i'd rather look at Terminators than actually own one at this point. Its not a buyers market for them at all anymore, You cant finance them as easily anymore and there are so many better options out there in 2018. I wanted one so bad in 09-10 but ever since the 5.0 came out in 2011, Ford has been really stepping their game up instead of mailing it in until 2010. If i have $20k cash, I'll go put it down on an unmolested stock 2013/14 GT500 instead of a 10 owner 90k mile modded and abused Terminator.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Meh,

The 3V's interior is garbage. ...

Not with the Interior Upgrade Package. I still think those are some of the best Mustang interiors ever. I liked the interior of my '05 GT more than my '11 GT500. I like my '11 GT500's interior a little more than my GT350R's interior. I think it's the fake, molded-in stitching on the edge of the dash that puts me off with my R. The '11 has a much nicer dash. Not that the interiors matter that much while you're driving, but while you're detailing them or just sitting in the garage appreciating your car(s), those things stand out.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I think the Terminator is still relevant in todays world and will always be held in high regards. I wanted one when I was younger but as I got older the car did as well. I ended up purchasing a Boss and then sold it for a C6Z. No regrets here. That being said, if I were to grab a 4-seat performance car it would be an '18 A10 GT. If funds are there, an A10 ZL1 maybe. A buddy with a Cobra asked one day last week what happened to me wanting an OW Terminator after I posted a picture of my Z. I simply told him I lost interest in them and wanted a better car and I had wanted something that was the next level. Would I purchase a Terminator one day? Maybe, if the list of cars I want are purchased first. Which number 1 want is an A8 C7Z to sit beside my C6Z:D!

jmsa540

Established Member
gimmie11's link has a 5.0 with no engine internal work:
Hellion 2018 Mustang Mods
• Bassani 3-inch cat-back exhaust
• Fore Innovations triple-pump fuel system
Fuel Injector Clinic 1,000cc port injectors
• Hellion Eliminator twin-turbo system with 62/66 Precision turbos
• HP Tuners custom calibration by Eddie Rios/Addiction Motorsports and Chris Groves at the Dyno Edge
• E85 fuel
• Turbosmart eBoost 2 boost controller w/ four-port solenoid option
• Xtreme DI high-pressure direct injection pump

Also, who TF wants a retro mustang? Those are horrible, have not aged well.
I dont know whats uglier, the retro s197 mustangs from 2005 or the sn95 pre new edge cars. YUCK
Dude...you're crazy!

The 94-98 sn95's are one of the best body styles there are. Following the 64-68 body style.

The new edge is hideous and every body style after 04 is atrocious, man.

The terminator looks okay, but its fat, too.

Stop smoking crack.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ViciousJay

Established Member
Dude...you're crazy!

The 94-98 sn95's are one of the best body styles there are. Following the 64-68 body style.

The new edge is hideous and every body style after 04 is atrocious, man.

The terminator looks okay, but its fat, too.

Stop smoking crack.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• ch2Abjj.gif
    ch2Abjj.gif
    474.7 KB · Views: 141

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Lol, he drives a maurader, perhaps one of these ugliest sedans, fitting he likes the sn95 pre new edge cars too. Cant buy good taste.

Sorry dude, this thing is as hideous as the Cobra II.
View attachment 1498937

Lol, that’s v6 floor roach, not the SN95s best look.

Let’s church it up with a cobra.

47199C46-FE6E-4C53-BD04-D04415E9B7E1.jpeg

jmsa540

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread