Is the 12v pigtail for the vert top switch also in a coupe harness?

T800

Established Member
Hey gang, I try to figure this stuff out myself...but.

Searched and terms are too broad. Anybody know for a fact if the wiring harness under the console in a coupe, has the pigtail for the convertible top switch?

Was hoping to use it for a nitrous switch located in the coin holder...

Have most of it torn apart...but would rather not unbolt the e-brake lever unless I know its there...looks to be a biatch to get at the forward nut.

Thanks for your time and input.

TRBO VNM

You don't need to unbolt the lever at all. You just have 4 screws to remove, yank up high on the e-brake and then get the center console out.

that said, pretty certain there is no pigtail there. It has been a couple months since I had one out, but I know the rear harness isn't there for the vert motor, so I am fairly certain the front plug is not there either.

For some stupid reason Ford has started making different harnesses for each option the car has. I remember on my 95 probe I had everything there for the fog lights. I just had to get the housings and the switch and plug them in. On an 08 edge I have now with no power lift gate, there is nothing there to hook anything up. Unfortunately for my wallet, my wife wants the power lift gate. Still have a harness and panel to buy before installing everything.

Your best bet is to get the UPR billet aluminum coil delete, drill a hole for a round toggle switch, paint it black and then install. I use the round toggles from Del City. Same as Speed of Sound uses for all their panels.

T800

Established Member
Thanks, saved me some headache. My lever for my e-brake comes up about 2" and no more...it feels like if I start yarding on it I may break the cable.

I know what you're saying about harnesses...kind of a drag. On the LX's, you still got the harness for the GT lights and what-not, made it easy to add stuff later.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Mine had no wires or pigtail,I installed a 95fog light switch in the coin holder spot for a line lock & ran my own wires.

Users who are viewing this thread