Is the 69 Boss 429 the only one with the large hood scoop?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
There's one sitting in a yard not far from me but I'm not sure if it's a Boss or Mach 1. There's no decals to distinguish.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Sad that such a rare car is just sitting there languishing. I looked up the Mach 1 hood last night and the scoop smaller than what I saw.

dragonknight

ford did not mass produce any mustang of that time period with wide scoops the B9 was the only car to get them
the B9 cars also got white BOSS 429 stickers on the fenders and only came in yellow white raven black a green ugly teal color a grabber red and blue nut people fake these cars so good chances are its a fake. the 69/70 fastbacks do look good with B9 scoop though.
they sat a tad lower in the front and the front suspension were a bit wider than normal mustang's

freakshow12

Established Member
ford did not mass produce any mustang of that time period with wide scoops the B9 was the only car to get them
the B9 cars also got white BOSS 429 stickers on the fenders and only came in yellow white raven black a green ugly teal color a grabber red and blue nut people fake these cars so good chances are its a fake. the 69/70 fastbacks do look good with B9 scoop though.
they sat a tad lower in the front and the front suspension were a bit wider than normal mustang's

Wow. You are wayyyyyy off lol. 69s had body color hood scoops and came in white, candy apple red, vintage burgundy, raven black and black jade

70 got black scoops and came in grabber blue, grabber green, calypso coral, light pastel blue. For 70 you could get black boss 9 writing and white interior was an option. The shock towers were modified not the front width.

cj428mach

Established Member
It could be a Boss 9, they're out there. On the boss 302 site a guy has pictures of a 70 Boss 429 that is sitting on the side of a house.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Boss 429's are very plain looking with the exception of the giant hood scoop. It's possible that it was removed or lost. But all did come with the big scoop

Users who are viewing this thread