Is there a difference between Boss and CS front valance?

mustang_guy

Established Member
Im about to buy a front valance for my 2012 GT at a Ford dealership and the CS is alot cheaper than the Boss. Is there a difference between the Boss and CS front valance?
Also I'm told the Boss and CS front splitter are two different part numbers but might look and be the same.

Any insight on any of this?
Thanks

mustang_guy

Established Member
From what my buddy at the dealership said is they might be the same but the mounting holes won't match between the CS and boss splitter. There is also a CS accessory splitter which might be the same at the boss splitter but it will mount right to the CS bumper without drilling. Neither of us are sure if the two are identical tho. They are different part numbers so something should be different

scott_0

Established Member
the Boss valance should actually be a little cheaper as it doesnt come with actual fog lights but instead it has block off plates in place of the fogs, but the Boss valance should include the extra (more aggressive) splitter so that would drive the price up

gimpy2011

Established Member
As far as I know there are two versions of the CS splitter, one with fogs one without, and two versions of the BOSS, laguna seca and the standard BOSS lip. Both of the BOSS lips are add-on pieces to either CS facia.

Lower CS Facia with Fog Lights BR3Z-15200-AA
Lower CS Facia Without Fog lights BR3Z-17626-AB

BOSS lip CR3Z17626AC
BOSS Laguna Seca M-16601-MB

Hope that helps

evansford

CR3Z-17626-AB
BOSS LOWER VALENCE NO FOGS

CR3Z-17E810-AA
RIGHT FOG COVER - BOSS

CR3Z-17E811-AA
LEFT FOG COVER - BOSS