Is there a legit depression level crash coming?

Blown 89

Established Member
Sad thing is some people are going to milk unemployment and stay home for a long as possible. A lot of people are going to rely on the govt to take care of them and not get out of that mindset.
I'm currently looking at hiring multiple people at both of my companies. Just getting people to show up to interviews is a struggle. Society isn't motivated to work anymore.

Machdup1

Established Member
The American economy might crash, but China will be just fine, so Sleepy Joe and liberal elite, will get rich while we suffer. So there's that.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Sad thing is some people are going to milk unemployment and stay home for a long as possible. A lot of people are going to rely on the govt to take care of them and not get out of that mindset.
Truth. My next door neighbor lost his job last March and hasn't bothered looking for work since the public teat is nursing him with enough milk for him to get by.

q6543

Established Member
Employers will need to focus on creating a dynamic work environment, kinda like silicon valley did over the last 20 years.

People need to feel a connection and mutual respect and loyalty.

I can say i LOVE going to work at FORD everyday. And that's A GOOD thing!

Fyi.. i took less money (paycut) to come here and thrive as opposed to my last employer.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Can you please elaborate? Trying to figure out what exactly has happened to our culture. With COVID, art/writing/expression is at an all time high.

What's a family unit?

Boarders, have we been invaded?

Constitution still looks the same to me. Just googled it. Doesn't look like anyone's whited out any of the words or anything.

If you want to be depressing, cynical, and hopeless go on ahead. But that's a miserable way to live. A lot of good in this world happens outside of DC, and that is the more practical part of life to lean on.

I know the east coast is a long way away from the Mexico boarder.. but **** yes we have been, are currently and are about to be invaded. Trump drastically reduced that number.

Biden aims to increase that number.

Also, the Constitution has been restricted on multiple levels. If you arent mad about that you either dont care or dont comprehend it. Describing the ****ening that the far left Communists and Democrats have done and are planning to further do to this country in the name of progressivism and globalism is not being depressed or cynical. Its calling out their ****ery. You are right, we cant as citizens live in a vacuum and ONLY focus on politics. But we sure as hell cannot sit on our hands because reading into this crap is maddening.

We do what we can to try and change poor policy and policy makers so that our way of live doesnt get trashed for Liberal hellholes. Celebrate the good, call out the bullshit and prepare for conflict.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Exactly! RECORD unemployment and the stock market is soaring higher than its EVER soared so sorry bro that argument doesn't hold any water.

We had record low unemployment and record high consumer and investor confidence. What do you mean made it through?

When we come out of this bullshit flu called covid, the government is going to have to keep paying people to stay home. The reality that the government destroyed many small businesses is going to become apparent. People are not going to run out and risk starting a business to hire people where the government is going to tell you what you have to pay them and what benefits you will have to give. I'm in talks with quite a few people who are investors and we are trying to come up with a business model with the least amount of employees, but preferably no employees.

tistan

Established Member
Exactly! RECORD unemployment and the stock market is soaring higher than its EVER soared so sorry bro that argument doesn't hold any water.
We did not have record unemployment last year, but we did have record low unemployment until last year. We had record demand from 2019 going into 2020 for products and that is why the market did not crash last year. We also had hope last year. We were told that the economy would reopen any day and people did everything to keep their businesses afloat last year. This year, those people are bankrupt, this year those defunct businesses will not be hiring and employing people, this year Biden is killing good paying energy jobs, this year tax hikes are coming, this year people who earned $15 an hour will have to compete with people who were given $15 an hour, this year housing and rent prices are continue to skyrocket, this year energy prices will skyrocket. What does all this equate to? An economic retraction because people are not earning as much and everything in life is going up in price.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
We did not have record unemployment last year, but we did have record low unemployment until last year. We had record demand from 2019 going into 2020 for products and that is why the market did not crash last year. We also had hope last year. We were told that the economy would reopen any day and people did everything to keep their businesses afloat last year. This year, those people are bankrupt, this year those defunct businesses will not be hiring and employing people, this year Biden is killing good paying energy jobs, this year tax hikes are coming, this year people who earned $15 an hour will have to compete with people who were given $15 an hour, this year housing and rent prices are continue to skyrocket, this year energy prices will skyrocket. What does all this equate to? An economic retraction because people are not earning as much and everything in life is going up in price.
But hey, orange man was bad

Blown 89

Established Member
Employers will need to focus on creating a dynamic work environment, kinda like silicon valley did over the last 20 years.

Fyi.. i took less money (paycut) to come here and thrive as opposed to my last employer.
LOL. That's ****ing hilarious. Good luck with that. Venture out into the business world on your own and let me know how that works out for you.

tistan

Established Member

Dynamic work environment or slave labor? It is easy to keep an employee when their only option to quit is to go back to their shit hole country.
H-1B: Nearly three-quarters of Valley techies are foreign

shurur

Established Member
Dynamic work environment or slave labor? It is easy to keep an employee when their only option to quit is to go back to their shit hole country.
H-1B: Nearly three-quarters of Valley techies are foreign

This has been a problem for some time.
Obama, then Trump did their part to keep this at bay.

The other problem is that companies and managers assume foreign engineers are just better than American engineers...it is part of their mystique.

Then they infiltrate the management ranks and hire there own.

Then we tell our kids to get engineering and programming degrees, when all the other jobs left are had through insider hiring...along with grad schools filling up slots with graduates directly from overseas as well...as they then infiltrate the higher education and charter school ranks.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
The crash has been ongoing for many of us since 2008. It is only the remainder who will finally experience the rest of it. Those who survived 2008 and the public sector workers (maybe).

Think about some friends you had in 2008 who lost their careers and disappeared from your life.

I don't even bother getting to know folks anymore. Friends don't let friends go underemployed.

shurur

Established Member
Most people who invest in the stock market are investing globally...not nationally...just saying.

rborden

Established Member

Now, its Glenn Beck and BlazeTV, so take it with a grain of salt. But a lot of it is plausible. What say you?

At some point, something has to give.

The government can’t keep signing moratoriums on evictions, property owners will have to pay their property taxes, state and federal taxes. The banks have to get their money too.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think a big time crash is coming, but times are going to get a little rough.
Gas prices going up are all you need to know.

Good going Sleepy Joe and Heels Up Harris. And, the morons that voted for that garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread