Is there a official release date the for the GT500?

King Cobra

Ride the Snake
Established Member
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I signed up to this forum because i've always been a fan of the terminator and i'm interested in getting a gt500.
I don't know if this question has been asked about a thousand times; but, when is the gt500 coming out?
I know it's coming out in 2006 and it will be introduced as a 2007 model. So, i'm thinking the car is coming out fall of next year.
Does anyone know When are the dealers are going to take orders for the gt500?
I'm going to try to hold off on the mods on my CTS-V so I can save some money and get some mods right away for the gt500.

Thanks,
Gilbert

p.s. What colors are they offering on the gt500? So far I've seen red,blue, and yellow. As for the interior I just seen the black and red interior.

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
No one knows the official date as of now. The best guess anyone has is that the production prototype will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. Rumor has it that orders will be taken sometime around the end of the 1st quarter next year. Best guess on delivery is around this time next year (since the 06's have just come out), but that is pending they build the GT500 first. Again, i stress, these are rumors and best guesses.

As far as colors, no one has even the slightest clue. The colors you see could very well be expirements, but lets look at history. Normally, you can bank on a red, a blue, a black and some form of silver, probably a light silver color. Rumor has it that there will be an orange color also. That is speculation though, and i stress, no one knows anything. These are just all rumors and speculation at the time.

King Cobra

Ride the Snake
Established Member
Benaa said:
No one knows the official date as of now. The best guess anyone has is that the production prototype will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. Rumor has it that orders will be taken sometime around the end of the 1st quarter next year. Best guess on delivery is around this time next year (since the 06's have just come out), but that is pending they build the GT500 first. Again, i stress, these are rumors and best guesses.

As far as colors, no one has even the slightest clue. The colors you see could very well be expirements, but lets look at history. Normally, you can bank on a red, a blue, a black and some form of silver, probably a light silver color. Rumor has it that there will be an orange color also. That is speculation though, and i stress, no one knows anything. These are just all rumors and speculation at the time.
Thanks, now I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

Milstang

Established Member
Ditto what Benaa stated.

I talked with one SVT rep that told me they are still experimenting with trying to get the taillights to work, like the GTR, with led lights. Also he stated that you can pretty much bet on red, white, blue, black, and possibly orange. There will be a few more colors but he said that they are not locked in at this time.

Wish we knew more hard facts but it is mostly still rumors.

Next year is going to be a long wait. :eek:

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
GT500 Production Date

As of 3 weeks ago, Job 1 for the GT500 is still scheduled for mid-year 2006 production,according to SVT....Of course, that could change...Hope this helps

King Cobra

Ride the Snake
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.
About dealers taking orders is there any dealers in the so cal area that you would recommend me to take my order once ordering is avaliable for the gt500?

Bean Bandit

Hurst Shifted Maniac
Established Member
Milstang said:
Ditto what Benaa stated.

I talked with one SVT rep that told me they are still experimenting with trying to get the taillights to work, like the GTR, with led lights. Also he stated that you can pretty much bet on red, white, blue, black, and possibly orange. There will be a few more colors but he said that they are not locked in at this time.

Really? That'd be great if they really went through with putting those nice GTR lights on the car, but truthfully I'd have to see it to believe it. That would mean they'd have to make a new rear deck stamping, and we've already seen that the bean counters aren't going to go for that without upping the price of the car.

But, if they did go through with it, they'd no doubt move the location of the third brake light to the spoiler, like on the red show car, and the S H E L B Y lettering would undoubtably make a return. This would at least help this car escape the "GT with a hot motor and stripe kit" vibe that some people seem to pick up on.

This is all still speculation. January is gonna be the best month for info on this car undoubtably, and I'm hoping to be right there when it's final version is unveiled.

Milstang

Established Member
As I stated they are trying to use LED lights as they could use the existing trunk lid. That by no means for anyone to get their hopes up, they are working on it but he did not seem overally optimistic for the 2007 Shelby ... might be something extra for a later model. :shrug:

Either way I am looking forward to the car.

:burnout:

Bean Bandit

Hurst Shifted Maniac
Established Member
Ah, I understand now. The LED lights wouldn't require new stamping. In any case, I'd love to see a variant of the GTR lamps on the Shelby, even if it wasn't exactly like the GTR.

Who knows? Maybe HTT and the rest of SVT may have some suprises in store for us come January. I'd expect as much. I'm starting to think that some of these mules have been put out there to throw us off and keep us from actually seeing the finalized product. Those Vegas mules seemed to be a bit too easily pictured in that parking lot, and even that recent Vista Blue GT500 was a bit too out in the open.

Even the ones that are making the touring rounds may be a setup. I'd actually love for that to be the case, but perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Milstang said:
Ditto what Benaa stated.

It will be a long wait but the info on the tail lights is encouraging. I'd wait a few more months to get them so keep trying Ford!!! :-D

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
King Cobra,

I see you have a CTS-V, I have a Platinum '04 CTS-V also, super nice car. Having a terminator & the Z06 engined CTS in my garage is great. Can't wait for the GT500, regardless of details, it'll be a killer machine. Just thought I'd say hey to a fellow CTS'er.

D.

Milstang

Established Member
I agree that I would be willing to wait a few extra months for those tail lights as well. It would be a nice distinguishing look for the rear to set it apart from all the other mustangs. We will see.

:burnout:

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
well i feel that they should put the GTR tail lights on the back since they took the name off the back and put the 3rd brake light where they did.. jmo though.

Milstang

Established Member
That is very true Wick, I would prefer the GTR taillights and the Shelby across the back.

Why can they not make a filler for the third light and just reroute the light up to the top of the back window for the coupe? It could at least be an option...

:-D

Users who are viewing this thread