Is there a trick for getting the lower intake manifold out?

03Slither

Established Member
Is there a trick for getting the lower intake manifold out? It was going good until I got to that point. I have every thing just about ready to be sent out to stiege for porting and it is bothering me that I can’t get it out.
Thanks

djtyau

Established Member
You don't need to pull the intake manifold out in order to remove the blower. Just make sure that eveything is disconnected especially the intercooler connections.

03Slither

Established Member
I was using different removal directions and I need to get it out now to check the gasket. Every thing is disconnected and I also have the fuel rails and injectors out. It seems to be getting hung up on the wiring harness?

djtyau

Established Member
Gotcha. Well the manifold is held in place with a rubber tubing connected from the bottom. I had to pull on the manifold pretty hard for it to come out. I can't remember if you can push down on tubing from the top of the manifold.

03Slither

Established Member
It’s weird, none of the removal directions I used even mentioned a tube holding the lower manifold down. I just did not want to put to much muscle into it. In fear that I would break something. Are you sure that its just a tube holding it down? How would you get it connected back once the gasket is changed?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
It was a bitch for me to pull the blower off without removing the lower so I just pulled the lower out. It was more work to be done for sure but I just couldn't get it off otherwise. I dont konw how the hell they do it without removing the lower because the intercooler connections/tubes are a PITB to get back together and hooked up when you already have the lower on there with the supercharger on w/ intercooler already mounted.

03Slither

Established Member
Screaming Cobra,
How did you get the lower out? I disconnected the wiring harness attached to the rear of the lower intake, removed a hose above that and it seems something is still holding it down. It does lift up an inch or so. The front of the intake comes way up, so no problem there.

03Slither

Established Member
You were right DjTyau,
There was a tube running from the bottom of the lower manifold to the rear of the blower. I disconnected it from the tube to the plastic tee and gave it a good pull and out it came.
Thanks to you and Screaming Cobra.

djtyau

Established Member
No problem. Good luck with your reinstall. Let me know if you have any other questions. It has been a while since I took out my Eaton and put in my Whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread