is there any difference in SCT x3 tuners?

ironpeddler

Established Member
I purchased SCT xcal tuner and tune from Lund Racing 3-4 years ago. It actually said "Ford" on the bottom of the tuner. Recently my car was in the shop getting some work done to it. I picked up the car when it was finished and got everything back home. After looking at my xcal I noticed that it was not the same Xcal that I had before. It did not say "Ford" at the bottom of the tuner. The shop never called to say anything was wrong or switched out. So, I called the shop and told them about the issue. They said the my previous programmer froze up during tuning and so they just switched it out for a new one and sent the old broke one back to SCT for warranty work.

Shady IMO but anyway...

My question is, would there be any difference between the old programmer I had that said "Ford" at the bottom and this new one that says nothing? I feel as they wanted to take the Ford one so they made up stupid excuse about it breaking. But if there is nothing different bewteen the xcal's then I don't understand why they would do that. Did the older xcal's let you do more as far as tuning goes or something?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The difference is the sticker, that's it. Part number 3000 comes blank, part number 3015 comes with 3 preloaded SCT tunes for most 96+ Ford vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread