Is this a blow-through system?

Yournamehear119

Established Member
4bfa_1.jpg

Does the bypass inlet on the s/c intake pipe being capped (like above) mean that it is set-up for a blow-through set up?

Thank you!

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
I may be wrong, but I think "blow through" means blowing through a carb instead of the carb mounted on top of the blower so it doesn't pertain to a FI motor.

blownaltered

Established Member
Doesn't look like its capped but yes it is a blow through set up. You do not have to vent to the atmosphere to run a blow through set up. The maf being after the blower and before the throttle body shows you that it is a blow through. A draw through setup would have the maf before the supercharger.

blownaltered

Established Member
I may be wrong, but I think "blow through" means blowing through a carb instead of the carb mounted on top of the blower so it doesn't pertain to a FI motor.

has nothing to do with carb, he is talking about a blow through mass air setup.

Yournamehear119

Established Member
okay thanks. I'm asking because i just bought this car and haven't picked it up yet. I forgot to ask and only had this picture to figure it out.

So the maf is probably in the fender on the pipe leading to the TB right?

zx3focus

Established Member
Blow through means the boost is blown through the MAF meaning the MAF is after the blower. Draw through means the MAF is before the blower, air is not blown through it , it is sucked through it, in this case the MAF is before the blower, ussually mounted behind the bumper.

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
has nothing to do with carb, he is talking about a blow through mass air setup.
Thanks, I understand now. Blow though has been used when the blower is in front of the carb, but times have changed and now the maf determines the air flow so it stands to reason. Always good to learn something new.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
it should be a blow through, but dont see a MAF anywehre

yes a drawl through will be in the fender on the end of the boost pipe, since it has to drawl air through it

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
it should be a blow through, but dont see a MAF anywehre

yes a drawl through will be in the fender on the end of the boost pipe, since it has to drawl air through it

its probably an aftermarket MAF. I have a PMAS 05+ MAF for my turbo setup and all it is, is a sensor bolted into a piece of tubing.

Users who are viewing this thread