Is this a Bullit or a GT?

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
I don't understand how some of you can actually think thats a GT, it a BULLITT!!! I highly doubt that someone with a GT would go to that extent to make a Bullitt clone. It has a no side scoops, one, the black ring around the pony in the grille two, and multiple other features that distinguish it as a Bullitt and I highly doubt someone would put $1,000 worth of Bullitt caliper to make it look like a Bullitt! Bullitts had spoilers and fog lights too. It really is simple folks! Its not a GT its a Bullitt!

Last edited:

freakshow12

Established Member
that is ABSOLUTELY a bullit! it even has the slightly different b pillar treatment that is specific to that car. I have not seen one with fogs or spoiler though but both are easy to install.

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
Originally posted by XCELR8
Just to eliminate confusion Bullitts had/came with:

-a unique weave of leather seats
-a very similair instrument cluster to that of the Mach 1
-4 red brake calipers with a Mustang logo engraved in the front two
-lowered 3/4" compared to a GT
-came in green, blue and black
-had GT emblems on the fenders
-a spoiler was an option
-no side scoops
-the ring around the pony thats in the grill was black not chrome like a GT
-had a different intake that increased bhp to 265
-obviously had the bullitt wheels

I know something you forgot =P

Side Skirts!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2

I'm mainly looking at the brakes. Most fake bullitts wont have the 13" rotors.

Brake rotors are what gave it away to me as well.

Looks like a bullit to me too.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Here's a pic of a bullit... though I dont see fog lights.
bullitt6.jpg

Did the kid post any pics from the rear? Bullits have rolled exhaust tips like the Mach1's do. If that car doesnt have the rolled tips more than likely it is a phoney. I dont know... Looks real to me, if its not real, the kids did a very good job of making a Bullit clone.

Bullits also have the mud flap looking things that extend below the wheel well behind the front tires... I dont see those in the main pic, but could be because of the angle :shrug:

Last edited:

SHOspazz92

Established Member
you guys forgot one thing....the back window on the bullet is shaped differently from normal GT's, Notice that the back window turns in more then normal GT's....as the blue one does.

Glass Joe

Established Member
Originally posted by SHOspazz92
you guys forgot one thing....the back window on the bullet is shaped differently from normal GT's, Notice that the back window turns in more then normal GT's....as the blue one does.
I was going to say Bullitt based on the C-pillar molding, the side skirts, and the scoop deletes.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
oorrr how about u ask him for an interior pic

bullits have different seats and shift knob and i fergot what else

i saw one one night in a parking lot, very nice

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
anyone can switch out seats and most people these days are getting the bullitt/mach 1 shiftknob in their GT's.

The best interior sign is the guage cluster.

03CobraBro

Established Member
The guage cluster can be swapped out too... THe only 100% sure fire way to know would be checking the Vin Number.

4.6speed

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
The guage cluster can be swapped out too... THe only 100% sure fire way to know would be checking the Vin Number.
Damn, I was just going to say the same thing!

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
o ya the gauge bezel too, lol like i said i ferget wut else the bullitt just had. or u could ask for an engine shot, than he could have just swicthed all the bullit shit too. so ya the only way to really tell would be with the vin #

gen1lover

Established Member
It is a Bullitt. Look at the quarter windows. On a normal GT, the simply folloe the lines of the car and the window arcs to the rear. On the Bullitt, they were c-notched and began to point back to the front of the car rather than to the tail.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Guys its a bullit simply becuase of the side scoop, its not there. Who would go to the trouble of completey smoothing out the side scoop, that would cost way more than someone buying a bullit and puting fog lights in it

Custom2kgt

Established Member
You can't say with the limited information given but if I had to gues I'd guess it's a Bullitt. I've seen a few like that, 3 in Detroit at the Ford 100 specifically. Good look'n car. Also, look at the rocker panels. Flat and smooth, NOT like the GT's inward angle. What I want to know is that a C5 or Z06 he's parked next to.

Xstanger

Established Member
it is a bullitt with a wing and fog lights!! Like everyone has said the rear 1/4 windows are the best proof. Everything else could be done, but this would be a pretty costly mod.

Users who are viewing this thread