Is this a good deal for a cobra?

MUSTANG_GIRL

MUSTANG GIRL
Established Member
I"m looking to buy this 1996 Cobra with the mystic paint job this car is mint like i mean mint a few stone chips on the front bumper and hood but other than that paint is excellent interior is mint as well everything on the car is stock and works great i test drove it and it runs beautifully it has 49,400 original miles and he lowered the price for me to 10,000. What do these cars usually go for? any help would be greatly appreciated. And when i pick this car up what can i do to protect the bumper and hood from paintchips without putting a bra on? i see they have these clear bra's now that go on like tint and are supposed to be safe on your paint has anyone tried this before? And im also wanting to lower this thing asap stock sits up to high for me what is a good not to expensive lowering kit? and what other tastful not to expensive power adder mods can i add? gears 4:10? underdrive pulley kit? cold air intake, performance chip? any help with what ones and brands would also be greatly appreciated and sorry for all the damn ?'s i just want to be able to kick some guys asses around were i live that are really cocky mustangs than werent much faster than my 95 5.0 with some mods. Also what problems are the 96 cobra's known for?
:burnout:

sc98cbra

Established Member
I"m looking to buy this 1996 Cobra with the mystic paint job this car is mint like i mean mint a few stone chips on the front bumper and hood but other than that paint is excellent interior is mint as well everything on the car is stock and works great i test drove it and it runs beautifully it has 49,400 original miles and he lowered the price for me to 10,000. What do these cars usually go for? any help would be greatly appreciated. And when i pick this car up what can i do to protect the bumper and hood from paintchips without putting a bra on? i see they have these clear bra's now that go on like tint and are supposed to be safe on your paint has anyone tried this before? And im also wanting to lower this thing asap stock sits up to high for me what is a good not to expensive lowering kit? and what other tastful not to expensive power adder mods can i add? gears 4:10? underdrive pulley kit? cold air intake, performance chip? any help with what ones and brands would also be greatly appreciated and sorry for all the damn ?'s i just want to be able to kick some guys asses around were i live that are really cocky mustangs than werent much faster than my 95 5.0 with some mods. Also what problems are the 96 cobra's known for?
:burnout:

In this day and market, you can get a built and blown 96-98 cobra for about the same price, Give or take a couple 1000. Pay what you believe is a good price. Shop around, take your time. Deals are out there to be had. Figure out what you would like to do with your car. Garage queen, race it, daily drive it, weekend warrior with a little fun behind it. Just what ever you do, From experience, take your time.

brucesvt

Established Member
also you might to post in the sn95 cobra forum on here. those guys are great they have help me out alot through out the years. g/l

MUSTANG_GIRL

MUSTANG GIRL
Established Member
See everyone is telling me diff i have had post up and most people with mods with there cobra's want anywhere's from 12 and up and i'd almost rather do mods myself as it buy the parts and have them put in perfessionally to know there done right my other stang i just sold some were just hacked in there it seemed and it's been my dream to get a mystic cobra and i've shopped around for regular cobras that didnt have much done to it that just didnt catch my eye at all they just looked plain and boring. I've looked on the net for so many cobra's my fingers and eyes are about to fall out lol its been a couple weeks now and i also want to consider where i live and whats around me i dont really want to drive across country or anything which is were i seem to find the deals. So a mystic cobra is what i really want and the ones i've seen so far have way more defaults as far as condition and miles than the one im looking at and for way more money like 14k

MUSTANG_GIRL

MUSTANG GIRL
Established Member
thank for the advice and i want one that can be a dd and a race car when someone rolls up to me on the streets lol. and 10k is the absolute highest i can go im tapped. Eventually my dream car is a 2004 supercharged mystic cobra thats the one i really want just dont have the cash to do it so down the road i'll have my 96 mystic and my 03 mystic

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
$10k for a really clean Mystic with 50k on it is not a bad price. The Mystic paint is VERY expensive to have repaired so keep that in mind when making an offer. The Mystics are not terribly rare like people make them out to be. It was the second most common color of coupes in 1996. It is one year only though which should make it worth a little more than the standard colors down the road.

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
you pay what you feel is the value. If its the paint you want and condition you want then sounds like the decision is simple. It will be easy for someone who doesn't prefer that color or care so much about condition to claim you're paying too much. As far as mods go, gears and exhaust wake it up nicely without breaking the bank. Also (depending what mods your 5.0 had) it will be lightning quick in comparison. good luck.

94venomV8

Established Member
seems like a good deal but as said above paint is very expensive so plan on not driving it to much if your worried about scratches or rock chips, and if it drives well with that many miles it sounds like a good deal, I would def. buy stock if you can and do the work yourself, I have had too many experiences as well and always like doing my own things to the car so I know exactly what is done.

Users who are viewing this thread