• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Is this a good deal??

Discussion in 'SN95 Cobras' started by CJsV8Bird, Oct 1, 2002.

1. CJsV8Bird

CJsV8Bird New Member

I'm probably going to buy my friends Mystic Cobra. It's in perfect shape, has some light mods low miles.

He says he'll sell it to me for 15,700. It just got repainted last year. ($6,000)

It has Saleen wheels also, 18x10r 18x9f

Is that a decent deal?

Also, what are stock 1/4 mile times for these Cobras?

His has only been to the track twice, and neither time was it driven by someone who knows what they were doing. The first time it ran a 13.8 (smoked the tires all the way through first). And the second time it ran a 14.2 (smoked the tires all the way through first again, went sideways when he hit 2nd, almost hit the wall)

It has these mods:

3.73's
    Flowmaster catback
    C&L mass air
    Pro 5.0 short throw

pretty sure that's it for performance stuff he's done...

2. SNK BITN

SNK BITN New Member Established Member

Did it get "repainted" or touched up? Why the hell did it need to be repainted? Mystic paint is VERY expensive and it would cost a fortune to repaint an entire car. If its been hit or damaged then repaired I would don consider that a good deal.

Being as the car isn't really stock since you listed some mods, the car will run mid to high 13's. Might be more of a challenge with those huge 18" rims on there.

3. Booyah

Booyah Cantankerously Blunt Established Member

With those mods and a decent driver you should be able to pull of some high 13's but don't be surprised to stay near the 14 second mark.

4. CJsV8Bird

CJsV8Bird New Member

It's never been wrecked. Someone keyed the piss out of every single body panel.

Do mystic's retain value better than other cobra's of the same year?

5. CJsV8Bird

CJsV8Bird New Member

One more thing...

I can get a killer deal on a vortech s-trim complete kit for the car. But, I don't know how much I'm looking at for installation and tuning...

Anyone have a clue??

6. 94SVT Coupe

94SVT Coupe Ford Fanatic Established Member

That's so weak...

Not really, maybe a grand at most...

7. CJsV8Bird

CJsV8Bird New Member

It is pretty weak.... Wasn't even my car, and I was pissed off.

8. 96vert

96vert New Member Established Member

as for the installation, you CAN do it yourself. That's what the previous owner of my car did. If you paid someone else to do it, I've heard it takes around 10 and 15 hrs... x whatever hourly rate...

as for the tune, the vortech kits come with a vortech chip. Mine made the car run very rich, but safe. It survived 5 1/2 years with that chip. Once I bought the car, I had a custom dyno-tune done, and it cost me just over $600. I made a little more HP, a lot more TQ, and it is much more safe (pulled out more timing up high).

9. Neurotoxin

Neurotoxin Member Established Member

I'm assuming that it's at least a 96, right? When my Cobra was bone stock I was able to hit 14.3 in the 1/4. I would think that this one should easily get you into the high 13's. As for the mystic paint I would go on the assumption that there is only a small resale advantage. My pennies.