Is this a good deal??

CJsV8Bird

I'm probably going to buy my friends Mystic Cobra. It's in perfect shape, has some light mods low miles.

He says he'll sell it to me for 15,700. It just got repainted last year. ($6,000)

It has Saleen wheels also, 18x10r 18x9f

Is that a decent deal?

Also, what are stock 1/4 mile times for these Cobras?

His has only been to the track twice, and neither time was it driven by someone who knows what they were doing. The first time it ran a 13.8 (smoked the tires all the way through first). And the second time it ran a 14.2 (smoked the tires all the way through first again, went sideways when he hit 2nd, almost hit the wall)

It has these mods:

3.73's
Flowmaster catback
C&L mass air
Pro 5.0 short throw

pretty sure that's it for performance stuff he's done...

SNK BITN

Established Member
Did it get "repainted" or touched up? Why the hell did it need to be repainted? Mystic paint is VERY expensive and it would cost a fortune to repaint an entire car. If its been hit or damaged then repaired I would don consider that a good deal.

Being as the car isn't really stock since you listed some mods, the car will run mid to high 13's. Might be more of a challenge with those huge 18" rims on there.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
With those mods and a decent driver you should be able to pull of some high 13's but don't be surprised to stay near the 14 second mark.

CJsV8Bird

It's never been wrecked. Someone keyed the piss out of every single body panel.

Do mystic's retain value better than other cobra's of the same year?

CJsV8Bird

One more thing...

I can get a killer deal on a vortech s-trim complete kit for the car. But, I don't know how much I'm looking at for installation and tuning...

Anyone have a clue??

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by About2beBad
It's never been wrecked. Someone keyed the piss out of every single body panel.

That's so weak...

Do mystic's retain value better than other cobra's of the same year?

Not really, maybe a grand at most...

96vert

Established Member
One more thing...

I can get a killer deal on a vortech s-trim complete kit for the car. But, I don't know how much I'm looking at for installation and tuning...

Anyone have a clue??

as for the installation, you CAN do it yourself. That's what the previous owner of my car did. If you paid someone else to do it, I've heard it takes around 10 and 15 hrs... x whatever hourly rate...

as for the tune, the vortech kits come with a vortech chip. Mine made the car run very rich, but safe. It survived 5 1/2 years with that chip. Once I bought the car, I had a custom dyno-tune done, and it cost me just over $600. I made a little more HP, a lot more TQ, and it is much more safe (pulled out more timing up high).

Neurotoxin

Established Member
I'm assuming that it's at least a 96, right? When my Cobra was bone stock I was able to hit 14.3 in the 1/4. I would think that this one should easily get you into the high 13's. As for the mystic paint I would go on the assumption that there is only a small resale advantage. My pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread