Is this bad for my car?

coakeson

Established Member
I was thinking about doing the free boost bypass from RPM outlet, but then I said forget it and I paid Steeda the $20 for the kit. I have a ported blower so I needed to have the boost bypass mod done. I don't think its really needed on a stock or unported blower.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
No. Do not do the boost bypass that way. A good tuner will be able to do the by pass via a tune.

badzinc03 said:
http://rpmoutlet.com/boost bypassc.htm

I am wondering if anyone has done this and how well it works or is it bad to do?

I wouldn't do it. Bypassing it can cause your motor to cavatate. Also I would try to stay away from RPM Outlet. Just bad experiences i have had when dealing/ordering from them in the past. Supposedly packages lost by UPS that it turns out they never shipped, incorrect merchandise received etc. Waiting over a month to get the correct parts ordered. Calling customer service (or lack there of) and never getting any help.
I could go on but i am sure you get the idea.
I like to deal with jegs and summit. they may be the super stores, and some times dont always have what you want, but you get your stuff on time and the orders are always correct. they are pleasent to deal with too. Service after the sale is just as important as the service during the sale, if you want repeat business. Some places like jegs and summit get it, and some places like RPM outlet don't.

ChicagoMike said:
Boost bypass can be turned off in the tune, but still needs to be in place for safety reasons. Here's how the boost bypass works:

http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/powertrain/boost_bypass.htm

So using the steeda kit (which is the same as manually disconnecting it) is not totally safe. Boost isn't bypassing so you're basically make boost ALL the time.

Correct. You don't want to be making boost all the time like going down the highway at 65. It's bad for the blower, bad for the motor, and bad for gas mileage.

that’s why all forced induction cars have some kind of bypass or blow off. Turbo cars have waist gates, supercharged cars have bypasses. (or should anyway)

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
brownbootsracin said:
I wouldn't do it. Bypassing it can cause your motor to cavatate. Also I would try to stay away from RPM Outlet. Just bad experiences i have had when dealing/ordering from them in the past. Supposedly packages lost by UPS that it turns out they never shipped, incorrect merchandise received etc. Waiting over a month to get the correct parts ordered. Calling customer service (or lack there of) and never getting any help.
I could go on but i am sure you get the idea.
I like to deal with jegs and summit. they may be the super stores, and some times dont always have what you want, but you get your stuff on time and the orders are always correct. they are pleasent to deal with too. Service after the sale is just as important as the service during the sale, if you want repeat business. Some places like jegs and summit get it, and some places like RPM outlet don't.
First off read the Rules.
Next you can't please everone all the time SHIT HAPPENS, I have had many great experiences with RPM Outlet. They were always willing to answer my questions whenever I asked them.
Jeggs and Summit are very proud of the aftermarket and you can tell in their prices, they pass it on to the customer. Also not very up todate in the modular department.

Users who are viewing this thread