Is this fair?

94venomV8

Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. I am too deep into the car to return it to stock, honestly it would cost me more in parts to get it there then it would be worth. I wouldnt even want to get into the work honestly. As for what some have said i completely agree and realize its a buyers market, and some above seem to have got hell of good deals. With that being said none of those cars stated are like this one, they are lacking somewhere. Whether it be trans, rear, engine, fuel system, turbo system non of them add up to this type of build. Like stampede said it is going to take a special buyer for this car i know that. As the ones like tabres who have done almost this exact build know, it cost waaaay more to build something like this then throw a vortech, in tank pump, some motor work and be done. I would honestly think of parting the car if it werent so close to being completely finished. Imo it would be a crime to tear into it after such a long build just to sell everything. Thanks again everyone and you may see it for sale soon with every little detail and plenty of pics, vids, and dyno sheets!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
it cost waaaay more to build something like this then throw a vortech, in tank pump, some motor work and be done

And not just in cash, but in time too.

It blows me away that some people are trying to lump it into the same price range as simple centri cars.

I think you're nuts if you let it go for a dime less than $14,000. Even a fair portion of the turbo 03/04's aren't built to the extent yours is, and you sure as hell aren't going to drive home with one of those for $14,000. I would have started higher and let people negotiate down to that price range.

94venomV8

Established Member
I know man, and it does suck but like I said I won't budge off that price much. I'm not going to give it away. I would dare anyone to build a car that can handle 1000rwhp, run off e85 and pump and has the suspension to boot that is fully adjustable and can handle the strip or a course and do it for even 1 1/2 times my asking price. You couldn't do it. And like you said that's not counting the time spent. I mean damn, the custom intake that is one off alone has hours and hours into it. I have easily 20 hours into the intake alone and you will not find another like it.

My94GT

Established Member
im in the process of parting my car out just to avoid this. i have over 20k in receipts for my build and i know that the chances of me getting anything 10k plus would be hard. like you said theres no way to build complete cars with new parts for under your asking price but that still doesnt change the market. unless you find the right buyer for your car i dont think youll get much more then mid to low teens.

94venomV8

Established Member
Yeah it sucks, the problem with parting it out though is this, who is going to want an engine that hasnt been broke in yet? And I feel like even if I did go that route I would almost make the same amount. I could honestly tear the car down completely in one weekend but its finding people to buy the parts that I dont want to do. I dont want to crate up the engine, not to mention how long I will be sitting on it.

My94GT

Established Member
Yeah it sucks, the problem with parting it out though is this, who is going to want an engine that hasnt been broke in yet? And I feel like even if I did go that route I would almost make the same amount. I could honestly tear the car down completely in one weekend but its finding people to buy the parts that I dont want to do. I dont want to crate up the engine, not to mention how long I will be sitting on it.

i feel like youd be in a better position then me. im going to be trying to sell a motor that has 2k miles on it but has sat for the past year or so :lol1: like you said its a waiting game.

Users who are viewing this thread