Is this going to sound like @SS?

ripnroar46

Established Member
I'm going to go pick up a BBK O/R x-pipe this weekend for a good price. I know its not going to have a clean x-pipe sound like a true x, like slp, upr and vrs x-pipes. It should sound pissed off at WOT, i'm interested to see how it sounds down low. Anybody running a MAC catback and BBK x-pipe? How do you like it or dont?

FF3

Established Member
Can't tell you what it's gonna sound like with a MAC catback, but the previous owner of my Cobra had a 3" Dynamax catback and he tried a BBK x-pipe. He told me he had the thing on the car for like a week, it sounded so bad it was embarassing. If you search around the forums, you'll find than that's what most people are saying about that x-pipe, the worst ever made.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
FF3 said:
Can't tell you what it's gonna sound like with a MAC catback, but the previous owner of my Cobra had a 3" Dynamax catback and he tried a BBK x-pipe. He told me he had the thing on the car for like a week, it sounded so bad it was embarassing. If you search around the forums, you'll find than that's what most people are saying about that x-pipe, the worst ever made.

Dynomax sounds like shit no matter what...

ripnroar46

Established Member
I know the H-pipe would sound the best with the Mac catback, but i've heard a lot of x-pipes with the Mac catback and i've loved the sound, its very wicked! Its going to be a little raspy i'm sure, sometimes thats not that bad.

WDW MKR

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Dynomax sounds like shit no matter what...

Dynomax was the best exhaust I have heard with stock mid-pipe. It's all in what kind of tone you are looking for. The same 3" catback sounds absolutely beautiful with my MAC LT headers and catless Prochamber. Unfortunately, the cruising drone is too much and I'm looking to swap in an FR500 catback.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
BBK is the worst sounding X-pipe....PERIOD!!!! Do not get it....no matter how cheap it will be a waste of your money!!!!

ripnroar46

Established Member
96stanggt said:
BBK is the worst sounding X-pipe....PERIOD!!!! Do not get it....no matter how cheap it will be a waste of your money!!!!

Yeah I figured it would sound like crap, I came across a good deal on a Mac o/r h-pipe, so i'm going to go with that! Should sound f'n awesome!

crizzut

Established Member
Im running a mac prochamber and magnaflow catback w/ newly added JBA shortys and I love it. Has a deep tone, and goes from a growl to a roar when you go WOT

Users who are viewing this thread