Is this legal??

J15BIG

Established Member
Me and my buddy were driving our Ls around one night and we decided to go check out a race that my buddy told us about. Well there was no race. The road we were one was pitch black, very long, and very striaght. Anyway, we were about to turn around so we pulled over to the side of the road and were going to let the two cars behind us pass before we turned around. Turns out they were two cops. They turned on their lights and pulled up behind us. I think there was one cop in each car, so one went up to my buddy and one came up to me. The cop that came up to me seemed to be pretty nice, he said hi, how are you and so on.., finally he asked, what are you guys doin out here in the middle of the night. I said that we were just turning around becuase we got lost, (btw-by this time he has already got my liscense). He said, you werent lookin for any races were you? Of course I said no. he said ok then walked back to his car. him and his partner( i dont know if it was his partner but wahatever) talked for a minute or so then he came back to my car and said, I got your liscense #, plates, and adress, then he said if you ever come back here again i will have your car impounded for thirty days at 100 bucks a day.

WTF???? They cant do that. Can they? I talked to one of my friends who is an explorer(kinda like a jr. cop) and he said that they cant do anything without probable cause or something like that. If it was a private road then I would understand but its totally public. But I just want to make sure he cant do anything unless I am actually doin something wrong.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Well, my guess is since there was supposed to be a race there, and you guys showed up and there was no race, then they had already broken it up , or got tipped offf about it before hand. And if they know anything about cars, they see 2 Lightnings pull up and pull off at the same time, and they assume these two guys are here for the races. So they ask you, you say, why no sir I'm not here for any races. (even though you were) Then he goes back to his car and tells his partner "hey, he sez they aren't here for the races, but he was...they didn't race, so put a scare into 'em and kick 'em loose". So he walks back up, knowing why you were really there, and tells you what he told you (even though he really won't....sound familiar?) and tells you to get outta there.

Just my opinion....cause I woulda done the same thing.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by hillie16
Well, my guess is since there was supposed to be a race there, and you guys showed up and there was no race, then they had already broken it up , or got tipped offf about it before hand. And if they know anything about cars, they see 2 Lightnings pull up and pull off at the same time, and they assume these two guys are here for the races. So they ask you, you say, why no sir I'm not here for any races. (even though you were) Then he goes back to his car and tells his partner "hey, he sez they aren't here for the races, but he was...they didn't race, so put a scare into 'em and kick 'em loose". So he walks back up, knowing why you were really there, and tells you what he told you (even though he really won't....sound familiar?) and tells you to get outta there.

Just my opinion....cause I woulda done the same thing.

Maybe secretly they wanted to race their crown vics against a L :D

Or not............ what would you do in that situation hillie?? Would you let the Vics win :r: :r:

Users who are viewing this thread