Is this much slack normal in the throttle cable?

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
First of all, I read all the old posts I could find and most of the times the problems were with Accufab TB's in 2004/05/06...the early runs with a cam for the '00 Cobra R. Found no solid answer other than that.

Just took my stock Eaton off with stock TB. Neither have ever been off the car and the car has just under 20k miles if that matters. Wasn't much slack in the stock setup.

Replaced it with a 2.2KB with a LFP Big Mouth TB. I have A LOT of slack in the throttle cable (see pics). Second pic shows the cable pulled up 1 inch. Is this much slack normal after TS and TB install? What did all of you do to fix this.....the pedal mod? When the gas pedal is pushed to the floor the blade is almost fully open...has about 1/8" more travel when actuating by hand. Thanks.

IMAG0895.jpg

IMAG0896.jpg

Have you done the gas pedal mod? I've had the Accufab on my car. Even with the stock t/b and plenum you have extra slack int he cable. Gas epdal mod will work wonders and raise the pedal a little.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
No I haven't done the gas pedal mod yet. But like I said, it seems like this is the common and "only" fix most have done. I know there was some slack in the stock setup but not this much so I was surprised to see this much slack.

I think the TB is fine. Just a very small amount of light around the blade when it's closed. Come's close to fully open when the pedal is to the floor (within 1/8"). I would expect a little play when at WOT b/c of the spring.

I'll be trying the gas pedal mod but am open to other suggestions/solutions, if there are any.

Thanks.

Quick Strike

Established Member
These cables have a lot of slack with the Eaton. My KB has similar slack, but the TB does open all the way at WOT. Can you adjust the bracket back any further? I think you may have to do the "mod."

PICT0161.JPG

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Yeah, I have some adjustability in the throttle cable bracket which might take up that small amount of play at WOT. I'll see what I can do tonight between that and the pedal and see if I'm more comfortable with that.

Users who are viewing this thread