Is this possible??

89lxfoxbody

20 second club
Established Member
Not exactly sure whether there is something fishy about this or not. I was at the 1/8th mile track tonight and there was a 99 procharged GT there. It was a really nice car for sure but the fishy thing is this. He was running drag slicks and his best time on the 1/8th was a 7.895. He tried telling everyone there that he was dyno'd at 788 rwhp but yet he drove it to the track and said he lived nearly one hour away. Is it just me or does everyone think that he was full of $hit about his hp numbers or do you think he just had no clue how to handle that much power?

nsxmatt

Established Member
Unless he spun the whole way down the track and his mph was in the low 100's I say there is no way he's running 700+hp. That time does sound about right for a Procharged stock GT on slicks though, I think he just is a little confused on his HP figures.

Stanger46

Established Member
get a life

Trust me guys I am not confused about anything.

For starters I did not drive it to the track it was on a trailer.

Yes it did spin the entire 1/8 mile as several other members on here were present and will back me up.

It is a 2000 GT with a 03 Cobra motor and a Cog drive f1-a seen in the blower bistro of this forum.

If you would have paid attention later that night I went a 7.20 still spinning and the mph was in the low 100's

And last but not least that was the first time down the track in that combination with a 6-speed so if you think you can handle damn near 800 hp on a shakedown run with a straight drive then be my guest but don't go on a public forum and talk $hit about me or my car unless you do a little bit more homework.

walker887

Established Member
Alright Guys I have to post here to set the record straight and kinda put a stop to it before it gets out of hand here.
First of all we trailer our cars 40 minutes from the shop to get away from the local track that of course is 5 minutes away.
We do this just because we want to test our combo's and see waht needs to be tuned in , not to brag . We travel just so things like this do not happen , and also to meet new people.
This car is indead a 2000 GT , it has the motor and combo that many of you know of that was in the Blue car. It has stock heads and stock cams with a Prototype Procharger setup that we work very hard to develop . It is powerful and a handful to control , especially with a 6 speed in it.
Just because you see a high 7 1/8th mile time , does not mean you are being lied to , nor does it mean something is fishy. This is a very unique combo , and has had alot of R&D and time invested in it. Many on here know us for our 4V swap abilties.
This combo is a 4V at 03 Cobra specs , and it is running the 2000 GT computer , all of this I can back up and show anyone who does not believe.
AS for the HP , it has it because I tuned it , I had it on the dyno earlier that day , and I drove it on the dyno , as well as I own the dyno.
it is still a work in progress , a clutch smoking beast that will shutter the tires on the Dyno at 6000 rpm , so the numbers I will show you are actually lower than it should be.
Also these numbers seem to be good enough to please Jim Summers and all the Guys at Procharger , and really that is all that matters to us at this time.
it will be back again with an automatic this time , so feel free next time to come up and talk to Myself or Paul (the owner of the car) and we will be glad to give you any info you need , not hearsay or tracktalk that you may of heard around the area.
mmm00gt.jpg

And also please note that these numbers are on a Mustang Dyno , please ask around and see what the difference in a MD and Dynojet May be. Also by looking at the end of the graph you can see where the tire spin starts and how much it cost in power if this motor could of went to the 7500 it should of gone to
Don
Modular Madness, Inc

Last edited:

89lxfoxbody

20 second club
Established Member
I was not talking shit about you or your car. I think the car is very wicked and I said it was a very nice car in the first post and will continue to brag on how nice of a car it was, not to mention how well it sounds. Forgive me for it but I don't know a whole lot about the prochargers. I just knew that if I posted on here I could get a response from those who know a bit more about the subject. But I do look forward to seeing it more often because it was an impressive car no matter what the times are.

Stanger46

Established Member
cool

Thats cool man, you know how it is when you can't go anywhere without everyone expecting to see your car run its very best whether its the first time down the track with a new combo or not.

I am in the process of putting the lentech AOD in it as we speak so as soon as that is wrapped up I will be back at the track and hopefully get some good numbers this time.

Don't be a stranger if you see us there, come and say hello, there are no hard feelings, i'm just a little sensitive about that kind of thing after dealing with it for so long.

-Paul

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread