Is your Cobra your daily driver? (How's the Cobra clutch for daily driving?)

djt81185

Established Member
the pedal load is 50 lb aprox. and it is because the cobra needs such a high clamp load and you are using the same pedal system as in a v6 mustang...hence more effort. Like putting a performance clutch in another car...more work...same principle

EatonMe

Not my daily driver. It's not a pain in the ass to drive daily - I just want to keep the miles low by driving it on the weekends only.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Same here Joshua. Not my daily driver either but I do go to the track and have fun in her.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
daily driver for me, back and forth to work, the store whatever.

Clutch was really hard initially but it too broke in and got easier and easier to use. after getting the quadrant and firewall adjuster it was even easier still.

really isnt all that bad anymore. still stiffer then most cars but
manageable even in stop and go traffic.

I suppose if you dont drive in daily traffic the clutch will stay stiffer lot longer. and it was really tough when the car was new.

I still dont think id want to get stuck in stop and go traffic for too long but its not bad once broken in.

arizona302

Established Member
I never even thought about it until I drove my F150 all winter. One day got in the Cobra and was like, "WTF!!!" My Cobra is a daily driver from the day the street cleaners come until the first heavy snowfall when the sand the roads. I have very strong legs so it rarely bothers me. After a few 0-100+ bonzai blasts you won't mind either!!!

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Daily driver. Clutch isn't bothersome, but a lot of stop and go traffic makes it annoying.

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
My French girlfriend who is an EXCELLENT driver (she drives this car unbelievably smooth) is only 112 lbs. She says the clutch is perfect and some of you are whiners!
:beer:

Last edited:

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
I used to think about it now I don't even notice. It seems I set a little more forward because of the stiffness. Now, when I get into the wife's s2000, I feel like her clutch is broken.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
:thumbsup:

typical_cobra_owner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread