Is your L your DD, and how hard do you drive it?

2tonOfun

Established Member
I'm just curious. I drive my truck every day and although I only live 3 miles from work, I then drive it around a little durring the day. When ever I drive I find that I sort of alternate between cruising around and then some times I'm just romping on the thing. Then I'm pretty much checking to see what is pulling up next to me at every freakin stop light that I am first in line at!
Just in case.
So, is that just me? or do you guys do that too?

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
I dont anymore but mine used to be my DD and I did the samethings you are doing. I still do it when I do drive it. Its hard not to just mash the pedal sometimes.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I drive mine every day, I drive it like I stole it at least once a week when it's nice outside. Winter weather is on it's way to north Texas so those times will be gone for a while.

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
Mine is a DD Weekened it either pulls my boat out fishing or is getting whored out at the track. during the week it is my work truck pulling my work trailer. The only real abuse my truck sees is on the track when it is turned up on race fuel. During the week I detune it to about stock power level. O yea it also get driven 5k a month

volcomsurf76

Mr.Awesome
Established Member
i drive mine everyday and romp on it too. its getting colder out and i dont wanna blow it up so i should stop after i pulley it.. its just so hard to take it easy

khris99s

floridasfastcars.com
Established Member
I drive mine maybe 3 miles a day and only really drive it like 3 days a week.

I drive it like a grandma.......

It hardly warms up before I get to work....

flsvt

pullin away
Established Member
got a bike as my dd thruck is pretty much the weekend warrior,with the exception of the gym during the week but i atleast like to mash the gas when i get in just to put the smile on my face:) and for a "challange" every so often.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
hahahhah you know me and you are a lot alike Bill!!!

DD and flog the shit out of every chance I get.....hurrying up to the next race at the next light...or marking my territory like a damn dirty old dog!

jerardogav

Established Member
Not a DD but everytime I drive it I smash... sometimes when I am bored I just go driving around to find someone to race or just hear the supercharger whine....

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Mine is a dd mabye 20 miles a day. Normally don't get on it hard, but I look at red lights to see what is there.

JohninMD

Established Member
My commute is about 7 miles each way and I drive it like I stole it as well. I drive much slower when the wife is in the truck lol

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I didn't even know mine was supercharged until the other day......Jeeez

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
i drive mine when amoff from work! and when i do drive it i hear the whine two times other than that i hardly find someone to mess with.. but when am in the gmc sierra i see alll kinds of cars that i could mess with... i hate it

Last edited by a moderator:

2tonOfun

Established Member
Yeah, most of you guys sound like me. I love to hear it chirp when it shifts and sometimes I'll purpously roll into it just before the shift so it will just roast em when it does. And yeah Stew, pretty much always looking for that next race.

Banned
I drove my Moped in the rain today rather then getting the clean L dirty. It was in 40's, not bad. Talk about finding things out by accident, after almost 4 years of ownership, I discovered our trucks have block heaters. WOW:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread