Isle of Man TT 2019. RIP Daley Mathison.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
upload_2019-6-4_23-2-10.gif

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Have bike, will ride. I promise I'm not scared. I prefer a straight line, but I've had my fair share of corners, especially at Deal's Gap. There's just something fun about dragging a knee through a turn.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I pushed the absolute shit out of my 2012 Dyna Fat Bob. Scrapes on my primary cover from pushing that bitch through corners I had no business pushing it. Handled 10000x better than the Sloptail Fatboy I had for 5 years prior. I thought I could ride pretty well; I wasnt afraid to push it. Traded the Dyna for a Mustang GT. Needed a bike a few years later to get to work economically.

Thats when I bought my 04 FZ1.

That was the day I learned REAL GODDAMNED QUICK that pushing a Harley was laughable. Anyone can take a pig around a corner and feel like a champ. Pushing a Sport Bike that was designed for corners AND speed scared the absolute shit out of me. Popped a wheelie the first time I opened up the throttle in 1st on the way home. Left a light like I used to on my Harley and that front end came right up. By the Gods... I got better on the FZ1 though I absolutely found my limits.

All that being said the Isle of Man TT riders are Gods among peasants when it comes to the skill and bravery it takes to ride that race and push it for position!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
@Revvv do you ever get tired of being good at everything?

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
I wish I was good at everything. I can do a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm good at it. I will give it my best though Nick.

I've been around Road Atlanta quite a bit, but I can assure you that you can lap me.
Another example or two; I've played guitar and sang my entire life, yet I choose to play bass if I play live with a band. My daughter is a better guitarist than I am these days, but it doesn't stop me from having a good time. I'm not recording myself to market and promote. The same goes with anyone that has multiple hobbies; they do what they enjoy, and if given a chance to take it up a notch, they do.

Can I ride a bike? Absolutely. I can assure you that I can handle just about anything (I'm not riding anything with bars and a slick out back) on the strip. I've been on two wheels my entire life (just like music, I've played my entire life). My uncle's had race cars. My dad had a Top Alcohol Flat Bottom drag boat until I was 18 (now he just drinks alcohol). I grew up racing. I can't beat everyone, but I like to try. That is racing.

I can back up everything I say and do though.

The Tail of the Dragon is only a few hours from me. When I had my bikes it was not uncommon for a few of us to head up and make a few runs to the dam and back to the store.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here that has a broad range of talents. If so, then I'm more blessed than I realize, and have experienced more than most.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I pushed the absolute shit out of my 2012 Dyna Fat Bob. Scrapes on my primary cover from pushing that bitch through corners I had no business pushing it. Handled 10000x better than the Sloptail Fatboy I had for 5 years prior. I thought I could ride pretty well; I wasnt afraid to push it. Traded the Dyna for a Mustang GT. Needed a bike a few years later to get to work economically.

Thats when I bought my 04 FZ1.

That was the day I learned REAL GODDAMNED QUICK that pushing a Harley was laughable. Anyone can take a pig around a corner and feel like a champ. Pushing a Sport Bike that was designed for corners AND speed scared the absolute shit out of me. Popped a wheelie the first time I opened up the throttle in 1st on the way home. Left a light like I used to on my Harley and that front end came right up. By the Gods... I got better on the FZ1 though I absolutely found my limits.

All that being said the Isle of Man TT riders are Gods among peasants when it comes to the skill and bravery it takes to ride that race and push it for position!
I agree with everything you said. The TT riders are exceptionally skilled.

Kiohtee

Established Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish I was good at everything. I can do a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm good at it. I will give it my best though Nick.

I've been around Road Atlanta quite a bit, but I can assure you that you can lap me.
Another example or two; I've played guitar and sang my entire life, yet I choose to play bass if I play live with a band. My daughter is a better guitarist than I am these days, but it doesn't stop me from having a good time. I'm not recording myself to market and promote. The same goes with anyone that has multiple hobbies; they do what they enjoy, and if given a chance to take it up a notch, they do.

Can I ride a bike? Absolutely. I can assure you that I can handle just about anything (I'm not riding anything with bars and a slick out back) on the strip. I've been on two wheels my entire life (just like music, I've played my entire life). My uncle's had race cars. My dad had a Top Alcohol Flat Bottom drag boat until I was 18 (now he just drinks alcohol). I grew up racing. I can't beat everyone, but I like to try. That is racing.

I can back up everything I say and do though.

The Tail of the Dragon is only a few hours from me. When I had my bikes it was not uncommon for a few of us to head up and make a few runs to the dam and back to the store.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here that has a broad range of talents. If so, then I'm more blessed than I realize, and have experienced more than most.

I really hope in 20 years I can look back and say I've tried/done as much as you have.

Except I have 0 musical talent hahaha

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
We have 8 guys going this year to the dragon.. We rent a house every year and have 3 trailers. Some guy's bring 3 bikes.

I'm not a crazy rider... We'll be down the week of the 8th September!!!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Fight me post incoming. LOL

I believe Marc Marquez would produce an impressive result in the Isle of Man TT. He likely wouldn't win it his first time out, but I think within two or three years he definitely would. All that's holding top tier MotoGP riders back from competing is the lack of safety and increased risk of death, which I get it, is a huge asterisk.

Several, including Marquez, have made the comment that they would love to run Isle of Man, but not competitively and only for fun.

Coiled03

Established Member

I believe Marc Marquez would produce an impressive result in the Isle of Man TT. He likely wouldn't win it his first time out, but I think within two or three years he definitely would. All that's holding top tier MotoGP riders back from competing is the lack of safety and increased risk of death, which I get it, is a huge asterisk.

Several, including Marquez, have made the comment that they would love to run Isle of Man, but not competitively and only for fun.

In other words, they don't have the balls. Kind of the point, isn't it?

Of course, if safety was significantly improved, they'd run a good time with practice. They're outstanding riders, obviously. But then, it wouldn't be the Isle of Man TT anymore.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

there may be clauses in their contracts that prohibit them from doing crazy shit like this well.

Kiohtee

Established Member
In other words, they don't have the balls. Kind of the point, isn't it?

Of course, if safety was significantly improved, they'd run a good time with practice. They're outstanding riders, obviously. But then, it wouldn't be the Isle of Man TT anymore.

there may be clauses in their contracts that prohibit them from doing crazy shit like this well.

Exactly. I don't think it's so much a bravery issue as much as it is as they have well defined careers and millions riding on the line. Plus yeah, contractual obligations are a big thing these days.

Not many people here pay attention to it anymore, but look at the stipulations NASCAR drivers have. Look at the turmoil Tony Stewart brought upon himself by competing on dirt and Kyle Busch in Xfinity. Granted they both continued prosperously, but still. A lot of hard times in between.

Users who are viewing this thread