Issue with remote start

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Guys, This week I finally installed some go fast goodies on my 99L. I went with a 4lb pulley, CAI and a custom tune. The problem is that the tune has caused problems with my Viper remote start. When I try to start the truck, it will turn over once and then stall. Normally it will start on the second attempt.

My tuner suggests that the problem is most likely caused by a poor connection to the pcm harness or to the PATS module. I did not install the autostart, and don't know the first thing about what to look for as far as a fix.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Last edited:

angel1

Established Member
When I first installed the viper alarm with the remote start, I had the same problem
so I took the truck back to my local alarm place and checked. He told me that the bypass for our truck $ucks. He also checked with all the other alarm installers and they just uninstall those DEI bypass unit and remove the chip in my key and install it in the steering wheel column. Those DEI bypass is not sending the signals fast enough to turn start our truck. after he done all that, I was able to use my remote start for a year and half ........no more problem with it
but beware by doing this, the stock PAT system is no longer used, you will be using the viper alarm only for protection. that is why I use a club on the steering wheel along with my viper alarm........

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
take it back to the people who installed it and tell them the problem. should have a warranty that came with it. with the custom tune you did not mess anything up with an alarm. Something just seems wrong with the alarm/remote starter itself.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
It's either the pats or the tach wire. You can have the shop try reprogramming the tach input (I just grabed the signal from the #1 plug, never had a problem) or try reprogramming the PATS bypass module to the truck again. The one thing I can think of is if you changed plugs did you disconnect the wire from the COP that is feeding the tach signal to the alarm?

Users who are viewing this thread