Issues with Coilovers

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
People with UPR coil overs using 10" spring.

When driving over a deep dip in the street or getting in and out of a steep drive way, does your strut go full extension and the spring unseat?

when I have my 10-375s on Koni yellows and they will fully decompress when getting out of my driveway and making ****ed up noises when recompressing. I switch to a 14-200 spring and its rubbing on the coil sleeve, also alittle soft for me. Just spoke to upr and they said the 14 is the wrong spring even thiugh they suggested it to me.

setup:
UPR Kmember, A arms, Koni yellows, UPR coilover, UPR bumpsteer, eibach sway bar, strut tower brace.

What are your setups and is this normal.

if normal for 10s to do this, then so be it, but im tiered of changing springs and possible coil sleeves due to it rubbing.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I started out on 14" springs, they were too tall, I couldn't get the strut nut on the top side. I now have 12" springs. I have not driven on them yet, so I have no real experience. But the tires clear the sleeve and nut when I load them with the jack.

I think the 10" wouldn't have enough travel, probably why yours are unloading.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
The Koni struts that you have... are they a 94-04 fitment?

I Have Koni yellow SA struts on mine with a griggs coilover setup, 10 inch-350lb springs...but the struts are a foxbody fitment. Also running short swaybar end links.
No noises or spring unseating issues.

Users who are viewing this thread