It can be done.....

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
A few months back, I did not believe it. Until now.
Running a STOCK IRS (Brace only) and a STOCK Trans (10 spline) I ran a 10.27 @ 136 with a 1.53 60'... I NEVER thought it was possible to run a 1.5xx 60' on a stock IRS. Has anyone here done that same or better? Remember STOCK IRS and STOCK Trans on 335/35/17 Hoosiers and 265/45/17 Nitto up front. Man I can't wait to get some FAT and skinnies. Can you say 9.99999's:banana:
Best 60' was a 1.65 and best 1/4 was 10.3's before I replaced the K with a RaceCraft Tube and some Adjustable shocks and coil overs.

Ronnie

Last edited:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I did break a 10 spline on MT DR. and a half shaft on Nitto's. I think the Hoosiers (They are as close to slicks as you can get) help in preventing anything breaking. They take the shock.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats on the times man, especially on Drag Radials. The stock IRS is a very strong piece contrary to what everybody believes. I'm still running completely stock suspension front and rear minus cut springs, stock 10 spline, no IRS brace, and consistantly cut 1.5x-1.6x 60's on 26" ET Streets. On a good track I average 1.54-1.59 on motor and 1.51-1.55 on nitrous, bad track I don't see above a 1.69 60' with the ET Streets.

I bet the 10 spline doesn't hold when you move to slicks :)

Nice run though!!

53K miles, 200 track passes (mostly on slicks and quite a few leaving on nitrous), and plenty of street abuse and my stock 10 spline is still kicking. Just finished up my third clutch in the car two nights ago and the 10 spline still looked good!

I did break a 10 spline on MT DR. and a half shaft on Nitto's. I think the Hoosiers (They are as close to slicks as you can get) help in preventing anything breaking. They take the shock.

That's the key man is a good soft sticky tire to absorb the hit.

Last edited:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
53K miles, 200 track passes (mostly on slicks and quite a few leaving on nitrous), and plenty of street abuse and my stock 10 spline is still kicking. Just finished up my third clutch in the car two nights ago and the 10 spline still looked good!

Well NVM then!! :rockon:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Thanks guys. Just want to know if any one has the same kind of runs with the Stock IRS

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I was there and witnessed the 10.2 with my own eyes! :eek:

Ronnie you're car flat out HAULS ASS dude!
I see 9's in your near future... :beer:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Mobile Mod Performance DSG 03 Cobra MODS:
302ci Stroker making 650+ HP (Its some where at 650-680 hp/tq two dynos two numbers)
K&N CAI
Accufab TB
Whipple 2.3L at 21psi
60's injectors and Ford GT pumps
KooK LT Headers (Which are rusting away. Does any one have KooKs for sale?)
3" Exhaust to FlowMasters
Spech #3 Clutch
Race Craft K Member with 175lbs Coilovers with 5 way Adjusters
Stock Rear Cut Springs with Stock Shocks
STOCK T56 and STOCK IRS with Steeda IRS Brace.
My shop has done all the work (Engine was done before I open my shop by another shop)
MobileModPerformance.com

Ronnie

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
As long as it doesn't hop, it's fine. With an ET street or a slick, your good to go :beer:
Absolutely! The slicks absorb much of the shock of the launch and shifts and save the higher risk drivetrain components. Excellent accomplishment with the Hoosier drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread