IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Well...I have to say....they told me it was to be built the week of the 15th...and it was...and they told me it was to be delivered the week of the 22nd...and at 4:45pm today I got the call...ITS HERE!!! Obviously not enough time to close the deal...but enough time to get to the dealer and look my black Terminator over before they close. Packed up my 2 boys and away we went. They are no strangers to Cobras...they were in child seats in my 96 vert...old enough to appreciate my 99 vert...but this car took top spot with both of them as soon as they laid eyes on it. The salesman was very cool. It was parked at the back of the service lot hidden from public view. It had 6.6 miles on it which was right about what I predicted since the car haulers drop off their vehicles in a holding lot about 4 miles away. I told him I did not want just "anybody" driving my car from the holding lot to the dealership and he was cool enough to personally pick it up. He threw me the keys and a plate and away me and the boys went...our first journey in the 03. I was impressed immediately! No comparison between the road feel of the 03 to either the 99 or 96. The shifter felt great...did not have the rubbery feel...felt very crisp to me. My only concern was a slight rattle from the shifter when letting the clutch out in first....Ill wait and see how that develops...maybe it is normal?? We put 4.3 miles on her and tucked it away for the night. Cant wait till noon tomorrow when I show her the way home!! All you guys who have an ETA of this week...get ready...they are delivering on time!:beer:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Wow that's fantastic! Where did you get yours through? Mine was to be built 7/15 also. That would be nice if I got a call in the next day or two!

ENJOY!

Black Cobra

Established Member
Congrats on the car.

That rattle pulling off in first gear might have been caused by too low of a rpm. These cars have a 2.66: 1 1st gear and you may need to try pulling off at a higher rpm. I usually pull off around 900-1000 rpms.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I own one but yet to drive it, I know I will put more than 4.3 miles on her when I pick her up though...... might just burn the whole free tank they give me!!!!!LOL!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Impressive is the best word to describe this car!! Picked it up at noon today and brought her home where I cleaned, polished, and became familiar with every nook and cranny on her. Fit and finish look pretty acceptable. Paint was sweet...found one minor chip on the edge of the deck lid that I personally touched up at the dearlership before bringing it home. Noticed the drivers side door was slightly out of adjustment...excessive door gap....so my salesman is setting me up with the body shop for a quick adjustment next week. Other than that...its looking very straight! As far as feel...awesome!!! It is the best handling car I have ever driven...and I have driven many!! I have babied the throttle today...trying to be the "good owner" and break her in gently...but I did have a couple of weak moments when I just had to see that boost guage move...and when it did...so did the flippin car!!! Very responsive!! I am still a bit concerned with the excessive noise coming from the shifter. It is a sound that I have never heard from any previously owned Cobra...the sound is hard to explain but it sounds sloppy and "not right". Anybody else have excessive shifter noise in 1st gear? It is like a loud rattle under the shifter when in 1st. Overall....I am very impressed. Cant wait for tomorrow when I can put a few more miles between "breakin-in & breakin-out!!!".:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread