It is that time of year... FINALLY!!!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
She's ALIVE and well!!

I took the L out yesterday. She hasn't been out in the sunlight since late October. I always kinda forget how good the truck looks since I don't have it out every day. I checked all the fluids, adjusted the tire pressure and gave everything a good once over. Everything is GOOD to GO! It was just a nice easy shake down cruise (no WOT or very litle boost) to pick up my son from Grandma's house. It felt like we got the flat spots out of the tires. I'm going to change the oil this weekend (Mmmm fresh Mobil 1...). A good bath is also in order. I'm planning on entering it in a couple of shows this summer, so we'll see how that goes. A buddy of mine in Indy is trying to get me to take it to IRP this summer... no, I will not call it ORP!!

And I did finally break 8500 miles yesterday. I believe she now has 8502.x miles as she sits.

Oddly enough, yesterday was the first time that the Lightning has ever felt small. I used to drive a Ranger as a DD, so the L always felt WIDE. After driving an extended cab GMC for the last month and a half, the L feels smaller than it used to. Everything just feels touchy, the brakes, the steering, and especially the throttle!!

I am smitten with her again. I LOVE SPRING!!! :coolman:

My L is kinda like a groundhog... Once she sees her shadow, it means 6 more months of summer!

Last edited:

san-man

Established Member
I finally get to drive mine after the winter, also. I need to change the oil as well. I know what you mean about feeling small driving the L. My other vehicle is a 05 F-0350 that I use for my every day driving.

Users who are viewing this thread