It`s realy on...!!! Stereoinstall

Grombil.com

Established Member
It`s on... I`v just finished the plate on the floore of the bed and have sound damped the front and sides of the bed where its important...

I made some stipes of ducktape befor i put the "glue" on and then the floore plate... Next is the hole trough the bed and cab... This will be done after many messurings and tests....

Hear is the pics...

soundstream-(24).jpg

soundstream-(26).jpg

soundstream-(27).jpg

Moore pics will come of the inside of the truck where i also have sound damped. I`v also made the bassbox thats goes in the back...

lightning666

Established Member
I think its cool, I used to have the bed and cab cut out on a truck that I used to have. I was running 4 15inch kicker solobarics. I used to have a supercab also with the rear seat removed and 4 12 inch jl audio W6's. I love systems. Just make sure you save the piece that you cut out, because if you ever decide you want to seal it back up, you can just weld it back on and paint it and your done. Thats what i did.

Grombil.com

Established Member
Gripstang said:
Why tape then glue? Is that so it can be removed easier if you wanted to?

Yes. Im building it all so i can remove it if i (Ore new owner in the future) want to without destroying anything. I cleaned the bed befor adding the tape. The next step is to find out where the port will come out troug the cab. Im a bit afraid that the port i`v made will touch the pillar thats going across the bed for stiffnes in the cab... I`m a bit worryed to touch it.

The port shuld be 625qu.cm2.... So i may make it some cm wider and lower if this crashes... Any way i cant compromise the cab.

Is it mutch job to take down the roof panel? Im thinking of putting some damping material on there as well...

Grombil.com

Established Member
This is the sub box almost ready for my soundstream 15" subs... One on eatch side and a big port in the center.

Ill take som pics along the way as i do the surgery on my L :idea:

soundstream-(13).jpg

Last edited:

Grombil.com

Established Member
Ore maby i`m just stupid.... I`ll say i`m a bit nervous for this part of the job :xpl: . But as everything else i`v done there`s always a way out ... :( Either that ore i`v realy done it... :nonono: .

There is NO way back now... "The force is strong with this one..." :bs:
Wish me luck.... :lol1:

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
ok this may be a very stupid question and i'll prolly get thrashed for asking but putting a box in the bed with a port that comes into the cab would be the best way to go about running BIG subs.....what would happen if you threw a regular ported box in the bed without any cutting into the cab? sound like crap? rattle a lot? not be loud enough? also didnt mean to steal thread.....

Grombil.com

Established Member
I think it wold rattle more then make bass in the cab... What i need is the soundpressure witch the hole in the cab shuld mak sure of. THe port of the box will go into the cab almost like its inside the cab. But its way to big to be inside the cab so hen we put it outside.

One thing im worryed about is the weigt of the box. I think i have to loos some weight my self to compensate :)

Grombil.com

Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
I like it, its gonna look sweet, i just hope you made the box to the correct size to make those 15's pound.

So do i. The box is made eksactly according to a drawing i got from a builder made out from the spec of the woofers. I have made the port and everything out from specs from a "professional"... But i think the port is a bit big... 12" made square. It almost fills the middle box up. There is 3cm from the woofer and til the port... So there is not so mutch room in there :shrug:

Is it important how much of the port that is inside the box and outside? I`v been told this means nothing...? Well... I`l make it so i can "tune" it by testing different lengths on the port.... So i think it will punch my back pretty good :rockon:

Ill post some pictures of the job we did today soon. My father helped me out... He shaked his head and started the grinder :). I`ll have to make the outer port a bit bigger... It got a bit to tight :D . Also im not shur yet on how to make this waterproof... Maby the solution is mutch easyer then i think.

Pics coming soon...

FordFanStan

Established Member
Coat it with something like Line-X or Rhinoline. It will be weather proof and it is a great insulator and/or sealer coating to coat sub boxes with... Stan

Grombil.com

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Coat it with something like Line-X or Rhinoline. It will be weather proof and it is a great insulator and/or sealer coating to coat sub boxes with... Stan

I`v got some reinforced "sailing cloth" that iv been thinking of gluing to the port and just seal it off around in both ends.... But before i`ll treat the metall with some rustkiller so there will not be any problem in the future....

Im wery exsited to test it when that time comes... I realy hop it sounds ok. Ore somebody is going to die!!! (not)

Users who are viewing this thread