It sounds like a mustang!!!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
...and that's a good thing. My buddy called me earlier to tell me they got a Shelby in at their dealership (Galpin)...so I hopped in my cobra and headed down to check it out. Just as I was getting there they were pulling the car (Red w/ White stripes car #30) into the show room. I asked the guy to rev it a couple of times, he said no...then I told him I have one on order and then he revved and and opened the hood for me. ;-)

As it was sitting there idling it had a slight rumble to it...that was a good sign, considering at idle with the stock exhaust my 04 cobra sounds like NOTHING, it's dead quite. So when he revved it, it made a very sweet, but subtle sound. I would compare it to the audible level of a FR500 catback on a 03-04 with the stock H. It sounds like a quiet mac catback. Very nice.

I looked around inside, under the hood, everywhere. It's very clean. I still don't like the fact that the stripes are not painted on, but what can you do.

I also think the unpainted bottom trim looks pretty good...It helps develop lines. I may have the lower trim on the bumper painted to match, but the rest would look weird, especially if you did the side skirts and not the rear diffuser (which would look sick if it was carbon fiber like the Saleen Extreme).

It was rather funny, there was an Extreme parked behind it and a Ford GT to the left, but nobody even glanced at those cars when the Shelby was put in.

The interior is very nice, I didn't have a chance to sit in it and look around, but it was sweet from a distance. The engine is very practical and HUGE...it is one massive motor. There is no doubt room for a pulley to be put on there, I also think the motor is a perfect candidate for a stainless braided ricer kit...there are many visible hoses and if they were all stainless braided I think it'd make the motor look more luxurious.

oh and if you want to buy the car, it's got the interior upgrade package only and they are asking 85K. I am sure it'll be sold at that price by the end of the week. They still get buyers for Ford GT's at 20K over.

Oh yeah, the General Manager told me my car was/is being build this week.

cobra12003

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
...and that's a good thing. My buddy called me earlier to tell me they got a Shelby in at their dealership (Galpin)...so I hopped in my cobra and headed down to check it out. Just as I was getting there they were pulling the car (Red w/ White stripes car #30) into the show room. I asked the guy to rev it a couple of times, he said no...then I told him I have one on order and then he revved and and opened the hood for me. ;-)

As it was sitting there idling it had a slight rumble to it...that was a good sign, considering at idle with the stock exhaust my 04 cobra sounds like NOTHING, it's dead quite. So when he revved it, it made a very sweet, but subtle sound. I would compare it to the audible level of a FR500 catback on a 03-04 with the stock H. It sounds like a quiet mac catback. Very nice.

I looked around inside, under the hood, everywhere. It's very clean. I still don't like the fact that the stripes are not painted on, but what can you do.

I also think the unpainted bottom trim looks pretty good...It helps develop lines. I may have the lower trim on the bumper painted to match, but the rest would look weird, especially if you did the side skirts and not the rear diffuser (which would look sick if it was carbon fiber like the Saleen Extreme).

It was rather funny, there was an Extreme parked behind it and a Ford GT to the left, but nobody even glanced at those cars when the Shelby was put in.

The interior is very nice, I didn't have a chance to sit in it and look around, but it was sweet from a distance. The engine is very practical and HUGE...it is one massive motor. There is no doubt room for a pulley to be put on there, I also think the motor is a perfect candidate for a stainless braided ricer kit...there are many visible hoses and if they were all stainless braided I think it'd make the motor look more luxurious.

oh and if you want to buy the car, it's got the interior upgrade package only and they are asking 85K. I am sure it'll be sold at that price by the end of the week. They still get buyers for Ford GT's at 20K over.

How much did you say you had to pay for yours?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
cobra12003 said:
How much did you say you had to pay for yours?
MSRP...powerlease baby. :rockon:

I would have had to wait till January for my guy at Galpin to get me one at sticker.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The stock exhaust system works and flows very well on the GT500's...but it can always be louder :rockon:

:)

cobra12003

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
MSRP...powerlease baby. :rockon:

I would have had to wait till January for my guy at Galpin to get me one at sticker.

How come you say others are paying 20 over for a GT and you can get a Cobra(gt500) for sticker?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IMHO the GT500 will need an exhaust system to help it breathe a little better? New cars must past such stringent sound level tests that they really have to choke them down from the factory.

Look for many after market exhaust systems coming for this vehicle.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Dave07997S

Established Member
dgussin1 said:

Crap...I want to see the car. I'm going to Galpin tonight or tommorrow.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread