It's ALIVE!!!!

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
After 10 long hours of wrenching, we got the Brute to fire. We only ran it a few minutes due to a minor coolant and fuel leak but it ran. No oil leaks, no tappng or rattles. It sounded SWEET uncapped and fairly vicious. I'm gonna take care of the hickies tomorrow and see if I can at least take it down the road a bit. The boys were STOKED after hearing it run for the first time in more than a year, so was I.:rockon:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Pics were posted and INSTANTLY moved before. The Brute is being stubborn now and refuses to fire up. I replaced the HEI and the ignition wire, verified the timing and TDC in relation to the rotor and still it won't fire. I'm stumped now. It's getting gas, air and fire. It acts like somebody stole the pistons outta it one night.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
No shit! I'm having the exact same problem on my 93 and so is a buddy of mine! I'm pulling my hair out!!!:cuss: :fm: :bash:
It started up and ran. Now it wont do chit.

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Tyler, ya oughta see it with the 4" cowl hood on it. It won't have the hood on if I make it tomorrow cause I still have to install the pins and drill the hood. Damned hood only weighs about 15 Lbs.

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
Charlie,

Do a compression test. It happened on my buddy's new jeep motor 2x. Started and ran PERFECT for about 1/2 an hour. Shut it down, went to restart it and nada. Ended up ALL pistons had 0psi and alot of air was blowing out of the dipstick tube.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
The compression test showed 125 to 135 across the board, not bad for a fresh motor with unseated rings. It was the plugs. I went with hotter plugs and then found out I only have 1st gear. That'll change with a new manual valvebody.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
So Charlie, I guess you and I are in a race to see who can get there car outta the garage first!

:)

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
Yep, just a matter of money....
Same here!

If you want, you and I can sneak over to Rick's late tonight and pick his money tree a little........ :)

Users who are viewing this thread