It's Alive!!!

whipplecharged0

Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully a few of you guys remember my last thread of my new motor being finished. Well last Wednesday night at 10:00 pm she finally came to life. I spent 3 days trying to find the right starter for my car and after going through 4 brand new starters I bought a remanned starter that worked. Been driving the car for the last week and boy does it feel strong. I was told to put 1,000 miles on the new motor to break it in properly and I only need 750 more miles to finally be able to put the pedal to the metal. Hopefully I have been going about it the right way. I have been switching back and forth from shifting at 3,000rpms and 4,000rpms at 3/4 throttle. Around the first couple of weeks in January I will be taking the car to Dallas to get my new n/a tune put on as well as my tune for the 150 shot of nitrous. Just wanted to share my story.

And here is the break down of the car. Patriot stage 2 ported heads, crower stage 2 blower cams. 2005 mountaineer aluminum block bored .020 over with manley 18cc dished pistons, manley ibeam rods, eagle cast steel 8 bolt crank, cobra high volume oil pump w/ pickup, moroso oilpan, steeda underdrive pulleys, 75mm throttle body, ported plenum w/ plenum spacer, stock injectors, rails, and intake, and a cai. pype long tube headers w/ prochamber into a magnapack catback. tko 500 trans w/ pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 4.10 gears, full length subframe connectors. and i can not remember what suspension is in the back. it was put on before i bought the car. first part of the year i will be installing tubular suspension upfront and adding a 150 shot of nitrous.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Nice!

Post up some vids when you can!

My motor gets here in about 2 weeks and I'm so freakin pumped to get it in and fire it up!

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Your only going to spray a 150 shot? Two kits! 200 on a fogged 250 on a Direct:rockon:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Your only going to spray a 150 shot? Two kits! 200 on a fogged 250 on a Direct:rockon:

The motor isn't bullit proof man. The builder told me he wouldn't spray much more than a 175 shot on it and if I boosted it wouldn't pushed much more than 18lbs of boost

Users who are viewing this thread