It's an Expedition, It's a Navigator, No it's a Lightning!

cody_04L

Established Member
Just got done doing some things to the interior and wanted to see what everyone thinks. Sorry for the color of the pic, everything matches perfectly. Can you spot everything thats done to it?

Cody003.gif

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
cody_04L said:
Just got done doing some things to the interior and wanted to see what everyone thinks. Sorry for the color of the pic, everything matches perfectly. Can you spot everything thats done to it?

Cody003.gif

more pics of the stock hvac. what's there now?

cody_04L

Established Member
Thanks everyone. The hvac controls are still in the dash, but once im done with this they are going up top for sure. 02joeghost, good work just forgot one thing, the homelink module in the visor.

dashprimedblack002.gif

cody_04L

Established Member
The homelink I got off ebay for $35 or so. ITs hard to get just the module so just find a grey set of visors with homelink module. They are all the same and the grey from the nissan pathfinder mine came off matches very good. Its not to bad to get it in there. Took me a total of an hour or so. You just remove the visor. Gently pull out the fabric on the side the homelink goes(I used a screwdriver to pry the visor open and then gently pulled the fabric out). There is already a spot for the module in the visor, you can feel it if you push on it. Just use the dremel to cut out the hole, run some wires over to the lights and then push the fabric back in. Then just a few holes for the module faceplate in the fabric, snap them in and your good to go.

Last edited:

cody_04L

Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:
so there is not any wiring to run?

All you have to do is snake two wires from the module through a hole in order to get ground and power from the built in lights,very simple. ITs much easier if you take the mirror and lights out when doing this. That just snaps in and out so its no big deal.

JGS107

Established Member
cody_04L said:
An 8" lilliput touch screen for the carputer. I thought bigger was better? :pepper: :poke:

bigger is definately better...why dont you go with the drivesoft.i dont know much about the carputer

bready

Established Member
with having the navigator console installed, did you have to remove the dome light?

im really interested in achiving the same outcome for your homelink, whered you find all the parts?

cody_04L

Established Member
bready said:
with having the navigator console installed, did you have to remove the dome light?

im really interested in achiving the same outcome for your homelink, whered you find all the parts?

For the console yes you remove the dome light. The navigtor console has two lights built in which actually do a better job. The plug for the lightning dome light plugged right into the navigator console for the lights.

The homelink module is off ebay. Just search for homelink and look for some grey sunvisors. Here is a link to an example of one you could use. The module and everything is the same on all vehicles that have it in the visor. Just get the visor, remove the homelink unit, and put it into yours. Its not to hard as the lightning visor already has a space for it, you can feel it if you push on your visor. I should have took some pics while I was doing it.

cody

bready

Established Member
cody_04L said:
For the console yes you remove the dome light. The navigtor console has two lights built in which actually do a better job. The plug for the lightning dome light plugged right into the navigator console for the lights.

The homelink module is off ebay. Just search for homelink and look for some grey sunvisors. Here is a link to an example of one you could use. The module and everything is the same on all vehicles that have it in the visor. Just get the visor, remove the homelink unit, and put it into yours. Its not to hard as the lightning visor already has a space for it, you can feel it if you push on your visor. I should have took some pics while I was doing it.

cody

cool cool!, is there any need to run any wires downtoward the dash?

thanks! great info!!

cody_04L

Established Member
bready said:
cool cool!, is there any need to run any wires downtoward the dash?

thanks! great info!!

Nope, all the wiring the module needs is power and ground which you can get inside the visor from the lights.

Users who are viewing this thread