Its been awhile since ive stopped by...

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
Just wanted to say hello to the MACA family, got rid of the cobra a while back and haven't looked back, I thought i'd miss it, but shockingly I don't.

Some of you know that Ive been Djing for some time now, and recently I took a new job. The new job was the worst decision of my life, and ive dreaded it since. For the past 6-7 months ive been focusing all my attention on DJing, burning the candle at both end, Ive been getting up at 5AM going to work, getting home at 5PM and hitting the ground hard with working with clients, booking events and such until about 10PM and have been doing it non stop.

I got engaged on Jan 31st to my g/f ive known for about 5 years and dating for the past 2. I don't know how i ended up with someone who understands my DJing crave, they're some nights I don't see her until i lay down, but even more impressive is she is handling all our light programming for our events and is very active in the business. Heck to you who have significant others who understand your car hobby you know the feeling when you don't have to "hide" that you spent $1200 on a single light fixture or a polished blower!

One thing we started working on was re-creating proms. I remember my school prom and it sucked! We wanted to make proms in the area something larger than the cooke cutter proms. We knew students love clubs, concert, and live performances. So we wanted to incorporate all those features to our "2011 Prom Tour" we brought in huge lighting from a club/concert and setup this 30ft truss rig smack dab in the middle of these school dances, brought out not only a DJ but a separate MC to stay interacting with the students, we have worked endless hours prepping with schools and administrators to bring this concept to life.

We had one school where the most tickets they ever sold was about 300, and we broke their record by selling over 600 tickets.

Take a look!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_HFcp-bfho"]YouTube - JJDJ Entertainments 2011 Prom Tour[/nomedia]

Needless to say I just turned in my two weeks to my current job and im going to make a run for with with Djing and this production side of events full time.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread