Its clutch time!!!!!

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
I just roasted a Ram powergrip clutch on my steggy stage 4/N2O set up. I know alot of people are running a sprayed eatons what clutches are you guys having the best of luck with. I bought this car with that clutch. I have always used ceterforce in the past but with 715 ft-lbs is it time to go twin disk or can i use a DFX??? thanks in advance for the help.:beer:

da2k17

Established Member
also sprayed and ported, just a hair under 700ft lbs. i smoked my DFX stage 3 in less than 3 months. going with a mcloued twin disc. starting the install tomorrow.

03cobraracer

Established Member
i think the spec 3+ may also hold up to that power but not sure. ive had the clutch for almost 3 years now in my KB car and its finally just starting to die now. i dont have nitrous though, i know thats even harder on the clutch.

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
yeah clutches Hate N2O. but I'm looking at a SPEC stage 5. I already have all the supporting 26 splines and all that i'm going to do the anti venem while the tranny is out. the car isn't a DD so I think it will be ok with that much clutch.

da2k17

Established Member
thats what i was going to go with but im afraid of it being too much of a pain to drive. do you have any links to the anti venom mod? ive asked a few vette guys but they looked at me like i had 98 eyes...

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
thanks desert gypsy! I hear the spec TOB are garbage. so i will defintly be doing that with the retainer sleave from LP. DA i'll get you the link on here its not hard to do while the tranny is out. I figure i'll try it since mine is out.

Users who are viewing this thread