its comming

hotrodstang

Established Member
this is my first post, just got a call from my friendly ford dealer who said my new Shelby GT500 is scheduled for delivery week of 7/4/06 Black with silver stripes. Almost matches my 1966 gt 350H black and gold :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
wcshelbydude said:
this is my first post, just got a call from my friendly ford dealer who said my new Shelby GT500 is scheduled for delivery week of 6/4/06 Black with silver stripes. Almost matches my 1966 gt 350H black and gold :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
:dw: I think you meant 7/4/06.

Congrats! :beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Stopped by a Ford dealer today. Asked sales manager what allotment they were getting. Was told 3. None spoken for. Didn't know what ADM they would be putting on them. I asked about a list. He stated he didn't have one. I told him I was interested in Ebony at MSRP and said I would wait till its that price. he stated that if it didn't start at that price it would eventually get to it, just like the 03/04's. I gave him my info because thats the most honest dealer I've talked to in years.

StreetSnake

Established Member
03snake said:
Stopped by a Ford dealer today. Asked sales manager what allotment they were getting. Was told 3. None spoken for. Didn't know what ADM they would be putting on them. I asked about a list. He stated he didn't have one. I told him I was interested in Ebony at MSRP and said I would wait till its that price. he stated that if it didn't start at that price it would eventually get to it, just like the 03/04's. I gave him my info because thats the most honest dealer I've talked to in years.
Man that is hard to believe a dealer in the Tampa area is getting 3 and none are spoken for. Hope for your sake he's right. :beer:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
there are going to be plenty to go around. just wait a while. my local dealer will get 2 or 3 and only has one spoken for. he is supposed to get 10k adm for it but it looks like this may not happen. $45,000 mustangs will be hard to sell after the first wave of the gotta have it buyers. time will tell, but i'll bet in 6 months there will be msrp or less deals

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I called 7 local dealers last week. 11 cars allotted to them. Only 2 had money on them and an actual deal. The dealers are holding out for the big money. I think this works in our favor. The supply will catch up quickly this way as the cars are not going to be moving.

The next 3 or 4 months should be very interesting. I hope the arrogant dealers get burned. I hope the honest dealers get fair prices for them.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
StreetSnake said:
Man that is hard to believe a dealer in the Tampa area is getting 3 and none are spoken for. Hope for your sake he's right. :beer:

Not really. They just opened their doors this past SAT.

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
I've said it before but I'll say it again - $45k Mustangs (and not accounting for the insane markup dollars) are gonna be MIGHTY hard to sell once the initial "Gotta-have-the-first-one" demand is gone. Those dealers who pissed away offers of MSRP from good customers are going to be eating a lot of old, tough crow.

Hang on and be patient unless you're one of them - and I mean no offense if you are. It's just that trying to get that kind of coin for a Ford Mustang will be tough, no matter the performance value.

On paper, they're worth every penny. But in the real world of supply and demand, I'm betting we'll see sub-$40k prices before the end of the year, no later than spring of '07.

Good things - at a good price - WILL come to those who wait. :beer:

Last edited:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Raven said:
I've said it before but I'll say it again - $45k Mustangs (and not accounting for the insane markup dollars) are gonna be MIGHTY hard to sell once the initial "Gotta-have-the-first-one" demand is gone. Those dealers who pissed away offers of MSRP from good customers are going to be eating a lot of old, tough crow.

Hang on and be patient unless you're one of them - and I mean no offense if you are. It's just that trying to get that kind of coin for a Ford Mustang will be tough, no matter the performance value.

On paper, they're worth every penny. But in the real world of supply and demand, I'm betting we'll see sub-$40k prices before the end of the year, no later than spring of '07.

Good things - at a good price - WILL come to those who wait. :beer:

Not to mention they are building them 2007 - 2009 @ approx 10K cars per year too.

03snakerush

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
Not to mention they are building them 2007 - 2009 @ approx 10K cars per year too.

:rockon: Thank you!! Thank you!! I've been saying that, and I hope all salesmen who view this website pass that info on to their respective G.M.'s or Sales managers.....

jimmy77

Established Member
"Those dealers who pissed away offers of MSRP from good customers are going to be eating a lot of old, tough crow."

Right on raven! The folks who say "It's just business" need to wake up. The reality is, it's BAD business. How would I have marketed this car different???? About a year ago I would have started taking deposits....and let the customer order it any way he wanted it....I also would have guranteed MSRP and bulit as many as it took to fulfill all orders.(this really helps ford for getting their parts suppliers together when they know relative demand) The DEALERS are holding Ford hostage by gouging a few cars when they could have sold 4X that many at MSRP....Remember Ford recieves NONE of the gouge money.

I'll tell ya a trick that works "sometimes" at getting a car a bit cheaper. Here's how it works: Ask the salesman point blank what % of the gouge he will recieve....Lets say the salesman is gonna get 3000 of the 15000 mark-up. Then you get the guy outside(to avoid listening devices) and tell him you will write HIM a personal check for 3500 right frigg'n now. The catch is he must now "convince" his boss to let the car go for MSRP or at a price that justifys you're bribe! We'll see what kind of salesman he is now huh! I'd rather see my money go to a guy who works then the owner who's out playing golf all day. Or better yet just wait for the COBRA INCENTIVES that will happen within a year.

Users who are viewing this thread