It's gone...

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
Fellas my tranny went out in the truck yesterday. What kinda cost am I looking at to get it rebuilt or a newer stronger built deal. I haven't called Dante yet...but that is where it will be getting towed to...any help is welcome...

Thanks....

Mike

Last edited:

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
+1 Interested in this as well, BTS is like $3700, normal rebuilds like $2000?

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Damn it Tipsy. LOL. By the title of the thread I thought your Lightning was gone.
Stop giving me scares like that. LOL.

BTW, what were you doing to cause your tranny to go?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I think it really comes down to what parts you end up using in the tranny. I personally, am going to straight to BTS when i blow mine up. No one ive seen has built a stronger trans. The tranny in my girls WS.6 went out not too long ago, and i went bought a race built trans for that, why not do the same for mine?

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I have always been a fan of getting it done right the first time. If my tranny blows, I will spend the extra coin and get the best one I can so that it never happens again. In my eyes, the extra money is worth it.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
Thanks fellas... you are all right...I am going to fork over some extra cash....Dante I think is going to build me a stronger tranny....he has some new stuff he wants to try out....I'll be the test truck...we'll see....

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
3 Trannys here. 1 Warrenty 2 I paid at the tune of $4,000, so 8K Inhave in transmissions and my Truck has 111,000 on the clock. The Transmission in it now leaks oil from the Torque Converter and Ford has fixed that 3 times. I'am getting a built Transmission this winter ( got to make some money first ). Probley getting it put in in March.

Users who are viewing this thread