Its gone :(

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I have been delaying this post for a long time. I sold my 98 cobra a little over a month ago for 6k with 113k miles on it. About a year and a half ago I was hours away from selling it for financial reasons and backed out of the sale because I could not do it. I finally made the decision because my wife and I need money towards a down payment on a loan for a house. It initially sounds like a story about someone not prioritizing his time or money to keep a car when it is not practicle to keep, but I have been a college graduate ( b.a. in kinesiology, major is phys. ed. and health) for a year now and I still have no solid form of income. No openings for a new recruit. So I have been working 3 jobs (IKEA, Ripken Baseball Acadamy, Substitute) to help my wife (first grade teacher) and I stay a float. We are renting a town home right now but are forced to move out do to the land lords personal problems, and even though my wife and I can easily support ourselves right now we have NO money saved because we had to pay for most of our own wedding. So, that goes back to us needing money for a down payment. It might sound so inmature but it gives me butterflys knowing that I sold something that represented so much to me. It represented the 5 years I worked so hard for throughout college while I attended class full time, worked 20 hours a week and played college baseball. And I loved rolling with my dad and my cousins (who own mustangs a lot faster then mine lol) to local car spots and feeling a part of my families legandary history of mustangs. But now, not knowing when ill ever be back in a mustang really hurts me. But I am happy my wife and I can really start our lives together once I start teaching or get into partamedic school. Its more then just a car to me, its a way of life and I miss it already. Sorry for the book. A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts right lol!?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sometimes life throws hard choices at you. I've been through a couple. But once you've made it, it seems like a weight off your shoulders.

Seems to me like you've made the right decision. I hope you find something in your field. My daughter's going through the same thing right now. A summa cum laude grad working 2 waitress jobs. But just keep looking, and know that it's there, you just need to find it.

And I'm sure you'll be back in a Mustang then. :thumbsup:

KLIP

Established Member
As much as you love the car, and it reps the sacrifices you've made, and the bond with your Dad and brother, I'm certain that your wife loves you more for the sacrifice you've made for her and your home. No "man" should condemn you on our manly decision, nor should you dwell on it to long. And btw, your next Stang is going to be the shiznit!!

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
i know what you are going through... had the same feeling many years ago. no worries, you will find another love soon! LOL!

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
you made the right choice bud. I always told myself I wouldnt go broke over a car. Good luck man, for all you know there's probably a Melvin out there keeping his car in the garage with low miles so itll be there for you to buy when you are ready.

flattrack53

Established Member
You got me^^^^ My 00R has less then 850 miles. I know of a 93,95,97,01 cobras with less then 2,000 miles on each from 2 different private collectors locally

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
So now your house will represent all that your Cobra did...

I did the exact same thing with my '95 Wrangler. Of course I miss it, but no regrets!!

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
So now your house will represent all that your Cobra did...

I did the exact same thing with my '95 Wrangler. Of course I miss it, but no regrets!!

Hell yea man. The funny thing is, my wife did not even mention the idea of me selling the car. As mentioned in my original post, we are in a tight spot right now, but to her my car was not even an option for a way out. I thought, it’s paid off and it’s the only thing in our possession that we could profit enough off of to put towards some of a mortgage down payment. We have two other vehicles (Mazda 3, jeep liberty) so we're good there. So, in all honesty I know ill end up in another stang, but this one is special because I know it gave me more then just fun racing stories. It’s bitter sweet, I hate not having it but it is giving me soooo much more not having it. Thanks man:beer:

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Its cool Will, you know you will get another one when your ready and you can come drive mine anytime anyway just dont blow my transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread