It's here!! FRPP/Whipple 624hp Supercharger Kit!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The FRPP/Whipple kit for our grabber blue 2011 just showed up today. We've got the installation setup for next Wednesday with Steve Turner from 5.0 Mustang Magazine. He'll be covering the entire build. We've got it all planned out and will be doing tons of testing for you guys. Here's a peek at a few components.

Stay tuned for more!

whipple_intercooler.jpg

New 47lb EV6 injectors by Ford Racing
injectors.jpg

Driver72

Established Member
Be sure to not only get it to the track, but put the thing on the dyno to give us an idea of how much rwhp and rwtq the thing really produces over stock.

Awesome

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Any word on whether Whipple will offer their larger superchargers as an upgrade?

Indeed they will. We actually have a 2.9L kit here at the shop waiting to be installed. Just need to hit the track a few more times with the 2.3L and we're good to go.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

whoareyou

Established Member
Indeed they will. We actually have a 2.9L kit here at the shop waiting to be installed. Just need to hit the track a few more times with the 2.3L and we're good to go.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Can't wait to see the numbers with the 2.9, hopefully it will be enough for me to reach my goal of 750-800 WHP.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Any installation photos you guys can post up?

Tob

I can't post any of the installation photo's as they're all going to be a part of a 5.0 Mustang Magazine article. Once the article is released shortly after they'll post the article on their website and I'll be able to post pics of our own as well.

However, If you have any specific questions you'd like to ask about the install please let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks, Jared

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Well I am curious about a few things...

To the best of my knowledge, Roush, Whipple, and FRPP all worked together to bring the kit to fruition. Obviously, the intake manifold is a new and unique piece, as it isn't an OE offering (yet, anyway). I'm wondering if Ford's own foundry cast the manifold, as it looks very similar to the design of the 5.4 manifold (along with having factory style green/yellow paint daubs placed upon it as well). In fact, the rubber o-ring that gets sandwiched between the blower/manifold looks to be from the blown 5.4. Do you know if it is the same o-ring?

Is there any talk of how well the narrower blower belt held up in long term durability testing? From a power and efficiency standpoint, I can definitely see the desire to use the narrowest belt possible - until slippage becomes an issue with wrap already at a maximum. I just wonder if packaging prevents a wider belt or if it doesn't if someone will be coming out with a kit to go wider.

Fuel lines - I noticed that on the Shelby GT350 prototype a braided line that ran from the front of the rail to the other side. I'm not really a fan of trying to squeeze the line behind the blower (especially on crusher equipped Whipple's on GT500's). But in recent 5.0/Whipple photos, I notice the line is no longer braided nor does it run towards the front. Any insight on this?

And Finally, while I know that FRPP worked diligently on the calibration and dyno work once the hardware was manufactured and assembled, I've yet to hear what the rpm/boost threshold was/is with regards to failure. The entire Mustang community has been aware of the Coyote rod 'limitations' since the inception but without regard for specifics. I'm just wondering what you've heard as far as intended failure, which has to be a parameter that is clearly known in order to determine other design limitations. In other words, at what point did the stock rods finally fail?

Tob

Users who are viewing this thread