It's like a brand new ride

i8urSS

Established Member
So I bought my 70k mile crystal white 98 a few weeks ago. I knew upon purchase that it had a bad throw out bearing and 3.73 gears.

But on the bright side, it had long tubes, o/r x, flowmasters, rear upper and lower control arms, k-member, lowering springs, flsfc's, pro 5.0, cai, aluminum drive shaft and an accufab single blade on it.

Well I took it to the local shop to get 4.10's, frpp throwout bearing and a new clutch cable with firewall adjuster and quick release quadrant. At the same time they found something wrong with my steering column and fixed it for free. (I had like an inch of play before that.)

I also swapped out the o/r x for an o/r h (I think they sound better) and put on a saleen wing. Now, other than the solid motor mounts that I just found out it has, the car drives better than new again. Really happy with it.

Now, if only I could find some new shoes for it, everything would be perfect.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
You are off to a nice start, those 4.10s are a nice improvement, also +1 on the o/r H-pipe sound.

We have a cw 97 with 4.10 and o/r H-pipe with flowmasters also! You are lucky to already have long tubes and the k-member!

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice! Sounds like a stout NA cobra! You've got all the mods I want at the moment; I need to get long tubes and a K member but money is tight. CW is the fastest color.

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
if not the fastest definetly the coolest lol.nice ride im going to install some 4:10 in mine as soon as it warms up alittle .going from 3.27 to 4.10 should be a shocker.

i8urSS

Established Member
going from 3.27 to 4.10 should be a shocker.

Hands down the best mod for the money. I went from a 3.73 to the 4.10 and that was a significant difference. Honestly I might have been a little happier with 4.30's. Might be something to consider. Although the 4.10's are def enjoyable. Completely changed the attitude of the car. And I gained almost 3 more mpg from it.

This is the only photo I have right this second. Until I can get around to detailing it properly.
IMG_20140102_173349_7421_zps8d62465b.jpg

blacksheep-1

Established Member
FWIW the N/A cobras that run fast around here are running 4.56s ( drag cars, not street cars)

Users who are viewing this thread