It's my Cobra's birthday! Of course I have questions...

fejwe

Established Member
I really wish money was no object, but sadly, it is. So for her B-day, I'm thinking of getting my cobra

1) Bullit Pedals and LJT CAI

or

2) MM LCA's

She's mostly stock (see sig), and while I'm saving up for gear and exhaust installs, I still want to get something to celebrate the day she came off the line. So which of the above is a better move? Which would you do?

If I go with the JLT, I'm also wondering if I'd see a power gain going from the BBK cold air I currently have to the JLT Ram Air kit, or if I'd have to go to the CAI to get the benefits--I'd like the filter to be a bit more accessible than it is currently, so I'm thinking the Ram Air kit would be nice.

Also, just wondering how many miles I might expect out of the 97 shortblock. I've been thinking about doing intake, heads and cams--I'm hoping to get near 350-400 hp NA. A friend of mine (who knows way more about cars than I do, but isn't into fords) keeps telling me it'd be better to get a new block and build it ground up because he's worried my (107k miles, the last 20k mine) block won't handle it, specifically the powdered metal rods. But I'm hoping that I don't have to buy a new block to do the heads. So please please tell me that the block can hold up to that much power without a replacement.

Oh, I assume it matters that I basically drive it for fun on weekends, with little to no track time. I don't really beat on it in competition or anything.

Anyways, thanks in advance
T

Users who are viewing this thread