Its no SVT, but...

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
...its just as fast! I picked it up on wednesday from Plymouth Powersports(an awesome experience too btw). I got a helmet, jacket, gloves, rotor lock, and frame sliders all for free with the deal. I'm takin the MSF course on the 30th and will have my endorsement on April 2nd! I'm so pumped. This is my first bike, i know i shouldve gotten something smaller, so i dont want to hear it...its my money!
R6003.jpg

R6012.jpg

R6011.jpg

Front blinkers will be gone soon for flushmounts, frame sliders will be installed this week(they gave me the wrong ones!) and a new fender elim. will be installed also.

Last edited:

0103SVT

Established Member
Sweet looking bike. I like the looks of the Yamaha's but I suggest getting a gel seat or something as the stock ones are not to comfy IMO.

As far as a 600 being your first bike, just take it easy until you get used to it and you'll be fine. My GSXR 600 is my first bike and 1 1/2 later I'm still doing good (knocks on wood).

Mayo5

Established Member
Your seat shold be fine...the only problem I've ever had with seats was the R1..Got a little toasty.. lol

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
0103SVT said:
Sweet looking bike. I like the looks of the Yamaha's but I suggest getting a gel seat or something as the stock ones are not to comfy IMO.

As far as a 600 being your first bike, just take it easy until you get used to it and you'll be fine. My GSXR 600 is my first bike and 1 1/2 later I'm still doing good (knocks on wood).
I know, i have a respect for power and will be taking it easy for probably this whole season, im just psyched to have it finally!

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Sweet color scheme. That dark red and black looks best on the Yamahas. A 600 is a good bike to learn on. That is what I am going to get when I have enough saved up. I want an R6 in all black or a CBR F4i or 600RR in Silver and Black. Again good lookin bike.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Its' a Yamaha R6. I love that bike. IMO it's the hottest 600 out right now. I want one sooo bad. Post more pics when you get 'em. Good luck. And keep the shiney side up.

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
Gringo185 said:
Its' a Yamaha R6. I love that bike. IMO it's the hottest 600 out right now. I want one sooo bad. Post more pics when you get 'em. Good luck. And keep the shiney side up.
The next sunny day ill get more pics...too bad it wont be til tuesday or so. Damn this weather!

Leeroy697

Established Member
Nice bike man. I have always wanted to get one but have never gotten around to it. I honestly think I would get hurt as I like to push the envelope to much sometime. Congrats though.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Good choice. As long as you respect it you wont have a problem. MSF is a great course.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
R6 are pretty sweet, i just dont like the exhaust on them.
i got an RR for my first bike, im still alive (knock on wood)

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Awesome bike man. Just remember that you will go down at some point whether it be at 10 mph is backing out of a driveway, it happens. I remember when I first started riding after a couple months I figured I was good at riding and before you know it Im on my side. So regardless of how long you ride I always like to remind myself that I suck at riding and that at any moment the shit can hit the fan.

Is it a 2006? If so I think that there might be a recall on them for faulty screws in the airbox. Might want to ask about that.

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
DirtyD916 said:
Awesome bike man. Just remember that you will go down at some point whether it be at 10 mph is backing out of a driveway, it happens. I remember when I first started riding after a couple months I figured I was good at riding and before you know it Im on my side. So regardless of how long you ride I always like to remind myself that I suck at riding and that at any moment the shit can hit the fan.

Is it a 2006? If so I think that there might be a recall on them for faulty screws in the airbox. Might want to ask about that.
I read about the recall, but its a 2007

5litericeater

93notch
Established Member
Sexy, i love the red, glad to see another one:thumbsup: . I have the Graves full system on mine, it sounds badass, i love it. heres mine. its way different now, that pics from back in the day when i got her, enjoy yours and respect it, they are unbilivably(sp) fast.
779613_19_full.jpg

And there was a recal, mine was one that the throttle stuck on, it was F**king scary. It was only for the 2006s though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread