its NOT going to be a screw type blower

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
CMPRSD said:
Hau Thai-Tang said today at a luncheon that they decided to go Eaton instead of twin-screw ala the GT because their supplier can barely build the nine t-s's a day required for the GT, let alone the 50/day required for the Shelby.

He did say they've not arrived at a final disposition regarding the porting of the Eaton for this application.
That sounds like some good info, although you didn't mention where you've obtained that quote from. But in light of your claim, I guess it's going to be an "R122" Eaton supercharger on the GT500 as previously stated in this thread. Assuming that "R" stands for "RADIX" which is Eaton's 5th generation line of superchargers (the "M112" on the 03/04 Cobras being the 4th generation), and the "122" perhaps designating the number of cubic inches of supercharger displacement (with ofcourse the "M112" being 112 cubic inches equal to 1.7L) atleast it sounds like this supercharger will be the best, and most power producing roots supercharger that's ever been created by the Eaton company. I believe 122 cubes translates to either 2.2L or 2.3L. That coupled with the greater engine displacement of 5.4L should still make for a powerful package, and some very good dyno #'s.

Last edited:

CMPRSD

Established Member
BillyGman said:
That sounds like some good info, although you didn't mention where you've obtained that quote from.

I was at the luncheon and heard him say it.

Users who are viewing this thread