It's out!!!!!!

Para81

Established Member
Reminds me of the Taurus SHO. I think it will blend in with traffic...too normal looking?

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
so it will be available with the
3.7 V6
5.0 V8
2.3 ecoboost 4
3.5 ecoboost 6
5-5.5 ecoboost 8
5.8 supercharged V8
5-5.5 NA V8

what is it they just name every engine combination possible so they can't be wrong :lol1:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
To say I am disappointed is a gross understatement. I'm sure performance wise it will the a home run, but it just isn't as aggressive as I was hoping.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
so it will be available with the
3.7 V6
5.0 V8
2.3 ecoboost 4
3.5 ecoboost 6
5-5.5 ecoboost 8
5.8 supercharged V8
5-5.5 NA V8

what is it they just name every engine combination possible so they can't be wrong :lol1:

I am surprised they did not name 1.0l ecoboost, a hybrid and diesel

RTD

Established Member
My guess is that when it comes out it will only have 2 engine choices - the 3.7 V6 and the 5.0 V8.

They'll off the the Ecoboost 4 internationally, but it won't be available in the US, at least not for the first couple of years.

At some point, maybe for the 2016 model year, they'll offer a hi-po V8 for the halo model which looks like it will be the GT350. Not sure if it will be NA or FI.

But no way in hell will they offer 6-7 different engines all at once, these magazines are embarrassing themselves by claiming that. When was the last time an American pony car or sports car was offered with more than 3-4 engine options simultaneously?

Legitwerks

Established Member
car and driver is so full of it. they don't really know anything. They pretty much listed every rumor short of a diesel as a motor option. The pics they have are probably close but not actual pics, and if you guys remember correctly they did the same thing back in 05-06 i wouldn't be surprised if everything they have is totally wrong. Time will tell December is right around the corner.

blackvette101

Established Member
They did the same thing with the C7 guys they were sure it was getting the motor downsized to 5.3 or 5.5 liters and they were sure it would drop a good amount of weight and be close to 3000 pounds. They were wrong on both counts. One thing I do know is that on the old mustangs the IRS is about 150+ pounds heavier then the SRA and all the increased luxury they put into the car adds weight too. On the C7 it added like 60 pounds and that's a small 2 seater.. So a 200 pound curb weight drop is probably not happening. I would not be surprised to see a curb weight increase.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So a 200 pound curb weight drop is probably not happening. I would not be surprised to see a curb weight increase.

C&D said the size and weight difference would be marginal from the S197. Basically every rumor out there before the C&D article was saying Ford was reducing the size and weight of the car. Just because they add IRS doesn't mean the car can't lose weight in other places. And the Mustang has always had luxury items in it, I don't think they'll be adding much more than they already have (HID, fancy radio, leather, power everything, etc) Look what Range Rover did, they dropped like 800 lbs from their last model by replacing a lot of aluminum with steel.

vortecd

Established Member
Not a real bad looking car but I'm glad I bought my '13. I seem to like every other body change. Like the 87-93, the 99-04, and the 10-14. So I will probably like the one after the 15

blackvette101

Established Member
C&D said the size and weight difference would be marginal from the S197. Basically every rumor out there before the C&D article was saying Ford was reducing the size and weight of the car. Just because they add IRS doesn't mean the car can't lose weight in other places. And the Mustang has always had luxury items in it, I don't think they'll be adding much more than they already have (HID, fancy radio, leather, power everything, etc) Look what Range Rover did, they dropped like 800 lbs from their last model by replacing a lot of aluminum with steel.

yes it doesn't mean they absolutely won't be lighter. But the IRS is not going to help matters. Even if it is 60% the weight of the last systems it will still add 100 pounds that they have to remove in other areas just to get back to equal weight. The mustang already has a whole lot of aluminum it was designed as a sports car in the first place so they avoided steel as much as they could financially. Also the range is a much more expensive car that has higher profit margins per car and has a client that is nowhere near as price sensitive as the mustang buyer. Lighter materials cost more $ and will be harder to justify that cost to the mustang buyer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread